14' Series Moisture in LED external lights

Ant

Sep 3, 2017
Cairns
Hi all,
has anyone had this issue with moisture in the LED side maker or brake lights with these lights (not sure on brand)? My van is a 14.44 OB Expanda 2017 model. Unfortunately it is out of warranty now so I can't have them replaced without handing over some coin.
Can I seperate the clear outside lens from the housing with a heat gun I wonder?
I was contemplating drilling a very small hole into the outside lens so that I can dry them out then placing a small bung in the hole to seal it up...until next time there is moisture ingress I'm guessing. I have attached some pics.
Cheers in advance!
IMAG2959.jpg
IMAG2960.jpg

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
I have seen this problem in a new Jayco silver line at Lismore caravan show.Salesmen said normal,! Go back to dealer ,not fit for the purpose intended,ask for replacement.

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
If the dealer won't do it under warranty then ring around a few authorised repairers until you find one that will argue your case with jayco.

Ant

Sep 3, 2017
Cairns
Thanks to everyone who replied.
To close out I contacted Jayco here in Cairns letting them know about the condensation build up. I said I could do the install if they supplied new parts as I like to do the work myself and also it means I don't have to drag the van to the dealership.
They have the new LED's waiting for me to pick up with no charge even though we took delivery of the OB in Sep 2017 so happy days.
Cheers.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Thanks to everyone who replied.
To close out I contacted Jayco here in Cairns letting them know about the condensation build up. I said I could do the install if they supplied new parts as I like to do the work myself and also it means I don't have to drag the van to the dealership.
They have the new LED's waiting for me to pick up with no charge even though we took delivery of the OB in Sep 2017 so happy days.
Cheers.
Glad to read that you had a good outcome.
For a few small issues, our dealer was happy to mail out the parts to me even after the van was out of warranty. Saved me a few 50km round trips.
I have no complaints about the service we get from Bayswater Jayco.

cheers
Mike