Masto's 16.49.1B

Zammm

Jun 13, 2013
Melbourne
I have the same TV Mount and we take it off when travelling to eliminate unnecessary bounce on the TV. We also did Lara's mod by converting the draw under the dining seat as storage for the TV. We padded it out with deep cell foam. It works a treat. Thx Lara for the idea

MastoCamper

Feb 22, 2013
Footscray
Hi @maccayak,

Not so much a narrow drive just a phat panda :panda:, almost need to get the vaso onto it :distrust:,

Made up a couple of skid pads to throw on, so as to not wipe out the studs on the side of the house;
20131117_191800b.jpg 20131117_191810b.jpg

Also while feeling inspirational on the weekend, I found a home for our little drinks/nibbles table;
20131117_104901b.jpg

Also doubles as a coat rack;
20131117_104918b.jpg

Hi @Zammm,
The TV is removed whilst traveling, that type of mount isn't made for the bounce, hence the quick release. At the moment we just wrap in a blanket on the dinette seat, unfortunately, don't think a 24" will fit in the drawer so I'll be looking for another home over the next couple of weeks.,

Thanks all for the compliments, but they should all go to this this forum and its members for their fantastic ideas.

Cheers,

Zammm

Jun 13, 2013
Melbourne
Hey MastroCamper
Yeah the 24" is a little long for the draw. I pulled the draw apart and extended it at the back to make it fit. Which involved taking the backing board off and just adjusting it also. Worked a treat.

MastoCamper

Feb 22, 2013
Footscray
Hey MastroCamper
Yeah the 24" is a little long for the draw. I pulled the draw apart and extended it at the back to make it fit. Which involved taking the backing board off and just adjusting it also. Worked a treat.

Thanks, might be worth investigating, I have the aircon unit behind it, so will need to check on available room,

benrosenick

Nov 26, 2013
Sydney, NSW
www.bushpalace.com.au
Hi all,

Next mod done,

Added a TV mount the easy way, using the same type as @Lara, many thanks,

No drilling or screwing into walls for this one, used the existing hole Jayco inserted for cables in the bench top, just used a wooden plug with smaller hole and a couple of home made polished stainless washers, (makes this little investment transferable to future vans).
View attachment 15538 View attachment 15535 View attachment 15533 View attachment 15534 View attachment 15537 View attachment 15536

The Quick Release LCD Bracket makes it easy to install and remove TV, especially when its the same one daughter uses as her computer monitor when we are not camping,

Managed to get both items from the same supplier for the cheapest price I could find on the net, which was even better when I saved on delivery fees because they are close to my work;
Visidec Focus LCD Single Swing Arm, http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/31148-vf-at
Ergotron Quick Release LCD Bracket, http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/50178-60-589-060

Cheers,

Hi @MastoCamper, great vmods. I'm picking my 17.56-2 OB in a couple of weeks and have bought the same tv arm.... Can I ask what size tv you have? Am looking to get a 23" but not sure if it's going to fit...

Thanks

MastoCamper

Feb 22, 2013
Footscray
Hi @MastoCamper, great vmods. I'm picking my 17.56-2 OB in a couple of weeks and have bought the same tv arm.... Can I ask what size tv you have? Am looking to get a 23" but not sure if it's going to fit...

Thanks
Hi @benrosenick

We have a Panasonic 24" LCD which it supports with no problem. If you check the weight rating of the arm, 24" would probably be the max but remember to get the weight of the TV without the base.

Good luck with the new van, you must be getting very anxious,.. let the fun begin.

Cheers,

Reactions: benrosenick

benrosenick

Nov 26, 2013
Sydney, NSW
www.bushpalace.com.au
Hi @benrosenick

We have a Panasonic 24" LCD which it supports with no problem. If you check the weight rating of the arm, 24" would probably be the max but remember to get the weight of the TV without the base.

Good luck with the new van, you must be getting very anxious,.. let the fun begin.

Cheers,
Thanks for the info on the tv @MastoCamper , will shop around for one-good to know we can go up to 24"' the bigger the better! Definitely chomping at the bit now, pick it up on 17th then off for Christmas on 20th...

Cheers

MastoCamper

Feb 22, 2013
Footscray
Wow, @benrosenick, that's leaving it tight, we leave for our yearly trek to Phillip Island on the 19th and I haven't stopped with the mods in preparation since we picked it up in March,

Start ringing them daily to make sure its all ready on time :phone:

benrosenick

Nov 26, 2013
Sydney, NSW
www.bushpalace.com.au
Wow, @benrosenick, that's leaving it tight, we leave for our yearly trek to Phillip Island on the 19th and I haven't stopped with the mods in preparation since we picked it up in March,

Start ringing them daily to make sure its all ready on time :phone:

It's new ex-stock so just had to wait for a booking slot... No way could we have ordered from the factory and then waited!