16' Series Looking for a new Expanda?

Paul Costa

Apr 15, 2012
Melbourne
Hello all,

I should start by congratulating every single one of you, that has posted or contributed to this magnificent site. It has allowed me to research and select every individual choice for our van, before the final sign of.:clap2:
My name is Paul and i will be a proud blogger on this site from today. The van is a 16-49.1B O/B with all the bells and whistles. Here is a quick rundown of the items in our package:

Expanda 16-49.1B Outback
Simplicity Independent Suspension (rated @ 2000kg with 12" brakes)
Extended drawbar ( by 300mm)
150L fridge
Bed converter for dinette seating
Roof Aircon. - Reverse cycle
Wynguard aerial with signal booster
Control panel
Stereo/MP3/CD system with 2 internal/2 external speakers
22L Hot water system with external shower
Dual water tanks (2 x 82L)
Dual gas ( 2 x 9kg) Bottles moved forward, giving 500mm clearance from van to allow for full width tool box with 4.4 kva gennie.
Roll out awning
Full annex
Extra annexe room. ( adding 2m to the annexe, to allow storage of things like bikes on rainy days/ or an extra play area for kids.
120w solar panel and solar pack (adding an extra battery to a total of 300A/H available)(Solar panel position specified, to allow space for another panel if required)(30A regulator)
Privacy screens and Weather proof screens to both bed ends
Treg coupling
Extra external 12v plug
" " TV point
" " 3 annexe lights (2 @ front making it 3 in total and 1 @ rear above external shower)
2 External large foldout tables (allowing for decals to be placed right from factory)
2 gas bayonetts ( front/rear to move bbq according to wind direction)
Extra double power point under dinette seating
Cabinet of standard wall mounted aircon to be replaced by overhead cabinet
Centre rafters for awning ( for those windy days)

And that's that. They are all the extras selected by us, on top of the standard items for that model.And the price????? (drum roll) DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR $42,000 driveaway... a good buy i think.
If anyone is looking for a similar setup, contact me for the dealers details in Victoria, on paul.s.costa@gmail.com and i'll be only too glad to direct you to the same sales guy, that bent backwards and copped a bit of grief with my hard bargaining tactics. The end product, is what i wanted, not what they were trying to sell me.Cannot wait for the July delivery.

Keep ideas coming fellow enthusiasts, and safe travels.

Reactions: Are We There Yet?

Paul Costa

Apr 15, 2012
Melbourne
Relgate, pleasure to meet u mate. Delivery expected for late July. Itchy with all the excitment.Will certainly post as many photos as possible. Trying to help other buyers beat the salesman at the dealers. If i can get this price for this package, anyone can.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Well done Paul, Thats a good extras list and a good layout. We would have gone with a 16-491B except we really need bunks for the kids. What brand of annexe are you going with and can you explain the center rafter for the awning. We finished up going with a regional dealer as they have been good to deal with. They have to give better deals now, times are getting tougher in retail. I like the idea of the outside shower also. Extra bayonets are a good idea but I will do mine myself (plumber) and also have an extra point for a happy hour gas heater outside. I am still undecided on CD/dvd player as we have about 10 apple gadgets in the house (ipod dock station) and I might go with an Xbox for music/dvd's and streaming. I like the look of the Kogen 12 volt Tv's and they seem good value.

Have fun.

Cheers Geoff

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Paul.

Welcome to the Expanda gang.

Any advice or problems seem to be answered here. Enjoy your new toy, it sounds awesome.

I do feel a little sorry for you though. I don`t think you`ll be able to put any extra gadgets on the van.

It seems you've got them already. hehe!