Log on problems

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Strange how we're both from Newy and both with telsra for phones and pc's and we're having dramas, I wonder if any other telstra users are experiencing this??

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi Expanda after my little hiccup last week everything is running fine for me now I did notice when I got it all up and running again that my my old book mark at the top of my page was taking me to http://[U]www[/U].expandasdownunder.com and when I clicked on a link the www disappeared and that is when I was logged out and I did end up at a similar looking page as Burnsy

Cheers Grant

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Just had that same page come up again on my iphone with 3G, then went in and tried on my pc (telsra) and no problem. I then changed my setting on my phone to wifi and it was fine. So telstra must connect different between 3G and land line? Beats me!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey all, yes Telstra on 3G / 4G use a proxy to lookup websites.

They do this as the proxy usually caches websites and when you lookup the site the proxy gives you what it has in the cache.

They do this specifically on mobile networks as it makes it faster to load a page that is cached on the proxy vs going to the website and downloading it all over again.

They don't do this on home connections as they have no need to make pages load faster.

So it would seem the issue is narrowed down to the Telstra proxy weird......

Feb 1, 2012
It appears to be definately a telstra problem but no ryhme or reason as to the consistency of the problem. I just went home and tried to connect on my ipad via our wireless and no luck, switch it off and through 3G I connected okay but last night it made no difference....oh well it just makes more to read when I can finally log on.