LED Lights

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
We have a 2011 model 17.56-2. All our external lights are LED but the internals are incandescent. I found that apart from the high power drain which kills the battery if we were to free camp, it also really adds to the heat inside the van.

I am looking to change the internal lights to LED. My question is, do I need to change the entire light assembly, or can I just change the light filament itself?

Anyone able to advise?

Thank you.

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Hi Bank of dad
Go to ebay and type in t10 led interior lights and pages of bulbs will pop up. I have used the flat panel type like I have listed in the link, 48 = the number of led's . I have used 48smd in the main lights and 12 in the bed ends. They come in all sizes. I used cheap ebay led's on my last two vans and never had a problem with any. I purchased extra's for spares but they are still in the box. Do a forum search and you will find heaps of info from other members.
Cheers
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Inte...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416b4a75e7

Reactions: Geoff and Hubble80

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
k833-2-37ea_1_.jpg

Start with something like these (2 for less than $3 posted off eBay). Plug straight in. Then if you need brighter light anywhere go for bigger ones just where you need them.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Just remember that being diodes they are polarity conscious. Need to be connected correctly or they won't work like incandescents!