Jokes/funny Stuff

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
tumblr_259a66ab23850aeca667506dd9729dc1_14986fc7_1280.jpg

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Actually not a joke..................very sad !!

BEFORE THE FORD COMPANY CLOSED HERE,
THE LOWEST PAID WORKER IN THE FORD FACTORY
WAS GETTING $120,000.00 FOR SCREWING
ON THE WHEELS OF THE NEW FORD VEHICLES.

THE SAME HAPPENED TO OUR SHIP BUILDING INDUSTRY, MINING ETC.

WHY MANY PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD HATE GLOBALISATION?

By Gary J. Matthews
Ten years ago, Australia had five car manufacturers,
Ford, GMH, Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi.
Now we have none. All gone overseas and the reason given?
Costs were too high.
Funny in that the cars we are now importing
from (Malaysia etc) are not cheaper.
I remember back in 1968 living in Brisbane, when the
3 major cities back then were Sydney, Melbourne & Adelaide,
and Adelaide was the Industrial City.
Adelaide - South Australia, was where you went to work
in the Iron Ore Industry, or where you could get a job
making railway tracks for B.H.P.
You could get a job building ships, submarines,
cars, washing machines, fridges, TV’s,
Hills hoists, Victa Lawn Mowers or make tyres at Bridgestone tyres.
Lightburn Washing Machine Company even made a car
called a Zeta. It was not much of a car and we built it.
I worked at Stanvac where we made our own
Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene and Oil.
We had Oil Rigs in Bass Straight,
North West Shelf and the Timor Sea.
We even had Australian owned Service Stations like (H.C. Sleigh)
Golden Fleece and many of us young wanna-be mechanics back
then worked as a driveway attendant. (Just like Stanley).
I remember catching a train from the city to Gawler and then on to Freeling,
Hamley Bridge, Stockport, Riverton, up to Clare, Gladstone, Laura etc.
And all these towns were bustling with activity,
and on the weekends, they were all open for business.
Our shops were filled on every shelf with food and products
all proudly made or grown, in Australia.
Our fridge was full of Lamb Chops and Steaks because
it was cheap as we were a huge Lamb and Beef growing Nation.
And once a month Mum would make us all a delicacy!
It was called a Sunday Roast Chicken.
I remember when we all had trade skills and high-quality tools
that would last and last. But most of all we had Mates.
We as Australians watched each other’s backs even if we had
not met yet, and we all said 'G’Day' to everyone with a smile.
Our kids could go anywhere they liked on their bikes,
just as long as they were home before dark.
Australia was pretty safe back then.
Yes, Australia was once a self-supporting nation that had it all.
It had Farms that produced our dairy, fruit & vegies and meats etc.
And Politicians back then were known as Statesmen and
they were voted by the people, for the people,
on behalf of the people and did what the people wanted.
We had public utilities owned by us the people, that guaranteed
our Electricity, Water and Sewage forever.
No one knew how much the Snowy Mountain Scheme cost,
we just built it.
No one knew how much the Sydney Harbour Bridge
or the Indian-Pacific railway cost!
WE JUST BUILT IT!
Then came CORPORATE GREED.
Now everything above has GONE.
Now we don’t watch each other’s backs anymore but watch each other
through security bars, burglar alarms and security screens.
Now we do each other in.
Now we import poor quality processed food.
Now we import cheap tools that break just taking them out
of the packet they come in.
Now we rely on ships to bring in our fuels.
Now we can’t afford our own Lamb or Beef anymore.
Now we eat steroid pumped chicken just about every day.
Now we import trade skill workers on 457 Visa’s.
Now we have high unemployment as nearly all of our
Industry and Manufacturing has gone offshore.
Now we have that many Laws that we have just about outlawed ourselves.
But I guess we need even more laws, so now we will have Sharia Law as well.
We now pay for water that falls out of the sky at $3.80 a litre.
Now we have taxes for everything.
Taxes for carbon, taxes for sake of having taxes,
(They call them 'Levy’s').
And don’t forget the newest tax is the ISLAMIC TAX (Halal Certification)
Now here in South Australia in our towns
we have Railway Stations and railway tracks, but no trains.
We have Public Bus Stops in our Towns but no buses.
We have Hospitals and Clinics but very few Doctors or Nurses.
We all have Mobile Phones and have little to no reception.
We have Digital TV’s with Bugger all Signal in the country.
And the worst of all,
is our once great nation is being sold off,
piece by piece to every other country on earth, except us.
This is very sad but very true!
Enjoy what’s left while you can?
The Australia we knew when growing up is now STUFFED!!!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Much of the non-environmental water (and that's story of its own) that flows along the Murray Darling past our own drought devastated farming country is foreigner owned, sold off by the bureaucracy to others and themselves. Last year a Singapore base investment company sold their 3/4 $$$billion water rights to a Canadian Superannuation Fund, ummmm that kinda sums it up. We allow companies to sell our natural resources, such as gas, to overseas investors cheaper than what we pay for it here.

When I bought the Troopy last year the levels of tax that is piled on top of tax is staggering, literally paying a compounding tax on a tax on a tax.

With the LC200 I looked at, starting with the original vehicle price we add GST, then we add LCT to that compounded GST value, then we add stamp duty which is calculated separately on both the GST and LCT and added to the total, all that into a whopping $18k of tax on a LC200 some of which is tax'ed tax'ed tax

You can buy a car that is under the Fed LCT threshold only to have the added GST value throw the car over the LCT threshold. In the case of the Troopy the Fed Govt rightly exempts it from LCT for very obvious reasons, not so the State Stamp Duty LCT which doesn't exempt it. So with a LC200 you pay a compounded state LCT based on the Fed LCT loaded value, which is a GST loaded value. With State Stamp Duty applied as a local LCT, in my case the car was under threshold but the ARB accessories pushed it over. Removing the accessories from the contract lowered the car value under the Stamp Duty LCT threshold and saved $1500 in Stamp Duty, which required nothing more than dealing directly with ARB. Fed LCT applies to excess value, but the State Stamp Duty applies to the entire value once the threshold is exceeded ie $68740 so at $68741 you pay the State LCT on the entire amount. That extra dollar will cost $688 in LCT

Confusing??? I guess that will be built in by design to keep the dummies looking the other way

We are all guilty of allowing this happen, we have no-one to blame but ourselves when it comes to the greed, the rorting, the selling of our legacy, tax black holes and over governance. We have created this beast that will eat our children's children alive and eventually turn Australia into Bangladesh.

Anyways, happy faces back on and back to the coal mine peeps

Reactions: Disco Duck

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Much of the non-environmental water (and that's story of its own) that flows along the Murray Darling past our own drought devastated farming country is foreigner owned, sold off by the bureaucracy to others and themselves. Last year a Singapore base investment company sold their 3/4 $$$billion water rights to a Canadian Superannuation Fund, ummmm that kinda sums it up. We allow companies to sell our natural resources, such as gas, to overseas investors cheaper than what we pay for it here.

When I bought the Troopy last year the levels of tax that is piled on top of tax is staggering, literally paying a compounding tax on a tax on a tax.

With the LC200 I looked at, starting with the original vehicle price we add GST, then we add LCT to that compounded GST value, then we add stamp duty which is calculated separately on both the GST and LCT and added to the total, all that into a whopping $18k of tax on a LC200 some of which is tax'ed tax'ed tax

You can buy a car that is under the Fed LCT threshold only to have the added GST value throw the car over the LCT threshold. In the case of the Troopy the Fed Govt rightly exempts it from LCT for very obvious reasons, not so the State Stamp Duty LCT which doesn't exempt it. So with a LC200 you pay a compounded state LCT based on the Fed LCT loaded value, which is a GST loaded value. With State Stamp Duty applied as a local LCT, in my case the car was under threshold but the ARB accessories pushed it over. Removing the accessories from the contract lowered the car value under the Stamp Duty LCT threshold and saved $1500 in Stamp Duty, which required nothing more than dealing directly with ARB. Fed LCT applies to excess value, but the State Stamp Duty applies to the entire value once the threshold is exceeded ie $68740 so at $68741 you pay the State LCT on the entire amount. That extra dollar will cost $688 in LCT

Confusing??? I guess that will be built in by design to keep the dummies looking the other way

We are all guilty of allowing this happen, we have no-one to blame but ourselves when it comes to the greed, the rorting, the selling of our legacy, tax black holes and over governance. We have created this beast that will eat our children's children alive and eventually turn Australia into Bangladesh.

Anyways, happy faces back on and back to the coal mine peeps

@Crusty181 , with that sort of epistle, I do not find that a "JOKE" or even "FUNNY STUFF"!!! Perhaps you have added it to the wrong thread? Why not under "untold truths"?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thankfully someone else pays mine as I buy pre loved and after fighting this sort of thing for many years I am now enjoying retirement so just ignore it all, sick of being the sheep dog and standing up for the sheep, they can get eaten .................... Strickly looking out for me and mine now, going to enjoy the rest of my life, don't need to worry or get anxious about BS ............... The flock may be smaller but the bite is still big.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Crusty181 , with that sort of epistle, I do not find that a "JOKE" or even "FUNNY STUFF"!!! Perhaps you have added it to the wrong thread? Why not under "untold truths"?
I dunno .... I find it both a joke and funny

joke
/dʒəʊk/
noun
a thing that is ridiculously inadequate.

funny
/ˈfʌni/
adjective
2. difficult to explain or understand; strange or odd.

Boom boom

I best not start a thread about this stuff, I struggle enough keeping in check as it is. Trying to run a business is hard enough while these flogs are playing around in the background, now that theyre playing upfront its hurting. Ill be retired soon enough and then Ill have the luxury of not caring

Last edited: