Starcraft Join me in the wait for 2016 Starcraft 17.58.3

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
That's great news that it's in God's country at last!

When you pluck up the courage to check it out, I'd strongly suggest a very tight check list.

• All known inclusions as per model...eg table, power points etc
  • All add ons you specified...eg drop down tables, extra 12v
  • How all things work...eg awning, fridge hot water etc
  • All cupboard doors and drawers for fit and latching
  • Finishes inside and outside
  • A clear list of things you're not sure of, and check things off when you are sure
  • A glass or two of something appropriate for when you finally get home and unclench your teeth
There are some predelivery check lists here somewhere...just do a search and adapt whatever you think is possible. It's far easier to cross something off than add it later as handover time can be quite frenetic so it's easy to forget things.

(We ignored the aircon details for heating. ...and a couple of other things even though we thought we were super organised). One of those was the fridge on 240; they'd checked it, had it on gas when we did the handover so everything looked fine till we got home, turned on the fridge and ...nothing. A few days later we all discovered a hidden power point had been disconnected when they installed the safe. Even the small obvious things need to be checked.

We're off to the show tomorrow, I think, to replace some stuff we've lost or damaged on our last trip...just so we're ready for the next one.

And it's fun to watch others spend their money!

You've had a long journey with this purchase so, when you get it, sit back and enjoy it....and plan...and do more plans ...and get away with a big grin.

Best of luck with the handover...it's exciting!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We're off to the show tomorrow, I think, to replace some stuff we've lost or damaged on our last trip...just so we're ready for the next one.

And it's fun to watch others spend their money!
We will be there tomorrow as well with no particular object in mind, just a look around.

Reactions: bigcol

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
How exciting @Pauly !! What did they stuff up? I am too scared to go and look at our van. Ours arrived at the dealer yesterday. I think I will wait until they fix any potential issues they might find so I am none the wiser lol. @Dobbie you were right about the show holding us up, we take delivery next Wednesday. Am super excited and don't mind the extra bit of wait after 4 months of waiting. But can't wait at the same time. Super exiting!! Two Starcraft's to show off next week, woo hoo!!!
Maybe you should go and check it out as the dealers are not really that good at checking all the finer points of what you ordered and what should be fitted. Good luck with the pickup and get set to enjoy your new toy. 8-)

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Very happy right now!! Just been down to check out our new Rollin home. Looking good apart from one stuff up that leaves me scratching my head , though should be rectified shortly to ok . There are a few lil things nqr . I was prepared that there would be some hiccups.
So all in all we are rather excited to be taking delivery next Friday :biggrin-new:
Wonderful times ahead @Pauly. I hope all your "lil things nqr" are fixed to your satisfaction. Good luck with the pickup. :cheer2:

Reactions: bigcol and Pauly

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Thanks ! Sure will be great to see it in my clearviews!!!
I Only want one thing rectified so I'll be easily pleased there. The nqr's I'll sort a few and the rest will fade from my mind with time

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
How exciting @Pauly !! What did they stuff up? I am too scared to go and look at our van. Ours arrived at the dealer yesterday. I think I will wait until they fix any potential issues they might find so I am none the wiser lol. @Dobbie you were right about the show holding us up, we take delivery next Wednesday. Am super excited and don't mind the extra bit of wait after 4 months of waiting. But can't wait at the same time. Super exiting!! Two Starcraft's to show off next week, woo hoo!!!

Just a few lil things and the two hatches in wrong location/size , not sure how as our dealer very clearly stated these items..... Tear my hair out for a bit but awwwwell...
Must say do it do it go check it out if you can !!!! I'm sure you'll be happy as !! our build quality looked terrific (only found one sticky latch) and our extra draws are brilliant , I'll be putting another in as soon as i move the second battery.
That way you'll have a few days to soak it in before handover.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
This thread now needs to officially retire.

It's been an interesting wait and I'm almost as excited as you.

Don't forget to write down all the instructions on things you're unfamiliar with before you forget.

Eg...how hot water system works (we forgot that and only recently discovered it works on 240v) awning set up, etc etc

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
:DVan is all tucked away safe n sound at home:)
Hopefully Might take it for an hour stroll tommorow somewhere.
See how we go in the morning.:D:D
Extremely nice to have a van again!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 246