Starcraft Join me in the wait for 2016 Starcraft 17.58.3

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Since we hadn't spent too long in the 17.58.3 (none in the yard before we ordered) we popped passed our dealer the other day to see the display van they just took delivery of , jeez the 2016 ones look great I must say(maybe a tad bias). I was pleasantly surprised to see that the window cleared the door and the awning leg easily cleared the toilet hatch, I guess that one got all the triple checks! Not sure on the tinted ensuite hatch (looks like the blue glow of a public toilet fluorescent light when closed, our old van was nice and bright ) but come what may . Getting more and more itchy feet desperately missing having a van. Hopefully only one more trip away in our swags before getting the new van I'm sure I remember the swags being a whole lot more comfortable than they seem to be now, phew hard life huh:violin::whoo:

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Since we hadn't spent too long in the 17.58.3 (none in the yard before we ordered) we popped passed our dealer the other day to see the display van they just took delivery of , jeez the 2016 ones look great I must say(maybe a tad bias). I was pleasantly surprised to see that the window cleared the door and the awning leg easily cleared the toilet hatch, I guess that one got all the triple checks! Not sure on the tinted ensuite hatch (looks like the blue glow of a public toilet fluorescent light when closed, our old van was nice and bright ) but come what may . Getting more and more itchy feet desperately missing having a van. Hopefully only one more trip away in our swags before getting the new van I'm sure I remember the swags being a whole lot more comfortable than they seem to be now, phew hard life huh:violin::whoo:
I have been meaning to do that too but haven't gotten around to it. We just came back from a holiday by the beach staying in a 5 star skyhome apartment. Wow! Think we probably should have gone with the swag like you :bounce:
Getting closer! I had better look at getting my tug fitted with electric break etc pretty soon.

Reactions: Pauly and bigcol

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Well the big steps done,got a call from our dealer yesterday and we are all singed off today. Woo hoo:clap2:
I better get a wriggle on with piling up the additions so that I can make it really seam ours as soon as it's swinging from the ute!!

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Well the big steps done,got a call from our dealer yesterday and we are all singed off today. Woo hoo:clap2:
I better get a wriggle on with piling up the additions so that I can make it really seam ours as soon as it's swinging from the ute!!
We really are having siblings. We signed off this week too. All starting to get very real! Not too long to go now!!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA

We really are having siblings. We signed off this week too. All starting to get very real! Not too long to go now!!!

Congrats to you both.... Now the excitement and sleepless nights begin ;)

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Our Starcraft comes off the line TODAY!! Getting close. Dealer has told me they allow 4 weeks for delivery/checkover so I have been given a tentative June 17th for handover, although won't be officially booked until it arrives at the dealership. 3 months down, one more to go.....starting to get real. @Pauly how's your wait going?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Exciting.

Those dates will coincide with the Brisbane camping and caravan show......opens on the 8th? That dealership is flat strap at the show so just be aware they keep a skeleton staff at Tingalpa.

It might not have any effect but I'd hate you to chew more nails for nothing.

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Exciting.

Those dates will coincide with the Brisbane camping and caravan show......opens on the 8th? That dealership is flat strap at the show so just be aware they keep a skeleton staff at Tingalpa.

It might not have any effect but I'd hate you to chew more nails for nothing.
Ah bugger! Had forgotten all about that. He promised me it would be ready before school holidays, which start on the 20th for us so might have to harass him a few times over the next few weeks to make sure our van doesn't get put on the back burner while the show is on.......

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Might be a good idea to get them to call you when it arrives, then you can do the preliminary checks before they do the final detailing etc so that might keep things on track.

At least you won't get any unnecessary surprises at handover.

Have you still got all your fingernails...or have they been bitten right down?

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Great news!!
We haven't been contacted yet. Ours was meant to be offline on the 20th so tomorrow .
Expected delivery is early June.
We haven't spoken to anyone since we contemplated squating in the display van for a weekend

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Van gets on a truck this week and if it arrives early next week we may even sneak in a cheeky handover as early as end of next week! :bounce:Realistically will more likeky be 2 weeks and after the Brissie show is finished but yay yay yay time is flying by :clap2:
Any news @Pauly ? Can't be far off for you surely?

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Brilliant!!!!
Hope you get into it before the show.
Still haven't spoken to our agent, I figure they'll call as soon as they have it. I'd like to give them a 'check in call' to see if it's on track but am resisting the urge! Hope they ain't scratching their heads trying to work out the details we stipulated . For now I'll be patient, still a few odd weeks to school hols.

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Brilliant!!!!
Hope you get into it before the show.
Still haven't spoken to our agent, I figure they'll call as soon as they have it. I'd like to give them a 'check in call' to see if it's on track but am resisting the urge! Hope they ain't scratching their heads trying to work out the details we stipulated . For now I'll be patient, still a few odd weeks to school hols.
My dealer has been brilliant in keeping me up to date. I was in touch about him doing our car wiring at handover and wanted to make sure the show wouldn't be holding us up as school holidays start on the 20th for us (3 weeks mid semester holidays). I get the impression we would have had to wait otherwise and it might have been pushed back a week into the school holidays. I am usually the same as you and just patiently wait for people to do their thing but have been burnt too many times before. Someone else can do that this time while I pick my van up on time ;) I'd be checking up on it if I was you!

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Yeeeeee Haaaaaa!!!
Got a call today, Vans at bayswater jayco. Unfortunately we won't get to see it until next week as we are in qld till Wednesday . Ross our sales rep has spied a few things that aren't as ordered but is on top of it. Can't wait to see it !!!
:biggrin-26::biggrin-26:

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Yeeeeee Haaaaaa!!!
Got a call today, Vans at bayswater jayco. Unfortunately we won't get to see it until next week as we are in qld till Wednesday . Ross our sales rep has spied a few things that aren't as ordered but is on top of it. Can't wait to see it !!!
:biggrin-26::biggrin-26:

:clap2::cheer2::whoo::clap2::cheer2:
Woo hoo!! How exciting! I am glad our van hasn't hit QLD yet as I wouldn't want to be testing its waterproofing for this coming storm this weekend!

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol and davemc

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Very happy right now!! Just been down to check out our new Rollin home. Looking good apart from one stuff up that leaves me scratching my head , though should be rectified shortly to ok . There are a few lil things nqr . I was prepared that there would be some hiccups.
So all in all we are rather excited to be taking delivery next Friday :biggrin-new:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 232

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
How exciting @Pauly !! What did they stuff up? I am too scared to go and look at our van. Ours arrived at the dealer yesterday. I think I will wait until they fix any potential issues they might find so I am none the wiser lol. @Dobbie you were right about the show holding us up, we take delivery next Wednesday. Am super excited and don't mind the extra bit of wait after 4 months of waiting. But can't wait at the same time. Super exiting!! Two Starcraft's to show off next week, woo hoo!!!