Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
This is where it sat on my previous 14' expanda. Not an extended draw bar
Expanda draw bar.jpg

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Go to my Panda thread and you will see how I did mine, not only JC holders but shifted spare to rear of van.
Spare where it was was hard to get out with dual gas (have onsuite with HWS). Had to remove a gas bottle.
Also found spare retaining bolt got bent over when I went through large dip. Had to cut the bolt to get spare out.
Used old spare cradle as an annexe holder. I have the 2014 14.44-5 OB that does not have the front boot.
Hope it gives you some ideas.
http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/marv_marts-panda.5178/

Last edited:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Just a thought .....along the same lines.....we'd decided we didn't need Jerry can holders after we got the patrol with the extra tank but did investigate holders "just in case".

We found one advertised on flea bay which is still a possibility for us.....we have no spare space on front or rear of the van .....this one was a collapsible holder which was attached to the bar, travelled flat without interfering with the bed ends .....but broke down to an entirely flat unit when it wasn't needed....and the sides lifted up to brace the Jerry when it was needed.

I haven't looked for a while but it was listed as " collapsible Jerry can holder"

Reactions: Craig and Leanne