Jayco Expanda WA!!

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
So, it's looking like the SA van is more than likely a scam. I have asked 3 times for a number to have a chat with them and they aren't giving me one, just saying let them know so they can make themselves available for viewing and how the van is in great condition but not giving me a contact number.
The picture in the advert shows this years coloring.....the lime green canvas.

Reactions: dagree

Lisyloo317

Sep 5, 2015
Pemberton
The picture in the advert shows this years coloring.....the lime green canvas.
This is the last email I just got from them. Can I ask what you all think??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 249

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
If not a scam @Lisyloo317 I still wouldn't be raising any bank cheque until you view it. I would be recommending to still try and get his/hers phone number and talk direct!

It just seems strange to me that with scams circumstances always seem to change just as they think the sale is a go-ahead!!!

Might be legitimate but still be very weary!

Lisyloo317

Sep 5, 2015
Pemberton
If not a scam @Lisyloo317 I still wouldn't be raising any bank cheque until you view it. I would be recommending to still try and get his/hers phone number and talk direct!

It just seems strange to me that with scams circumstances always seem to change just as they think the sale is a go-ahead!!!

Might be legitimate but still be very weary!
Yep agreed! Being very very careful, no money will be paid anywhere until we see something in the flesh and deal with people. thanks

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
That's a lot to ask someone to tow a van to another state just so someone can look at it, and then potentially bring it back. ($$ wise and stress wise).

Reactions: dagree

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Welcome @Lisyloo317 I agree it sounds a little too good to be true except I think the canvas colour is just the colour of the pics and the light coming through the end. The seat fabric colours are 2011 colours they don't make that fabric anymore.

Az

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
yes the weird thing is I cut and pasted a few things out of the add which seem unique for a hit from elsewhere. Although only finding the ad :)
it could be a good bargain... what was a 2011 OB selling for if anyone remember?

Funnily enough I just did the same in google and came up with the same ad each time.....Could be legit and a bargain for someone but I'd be interested to find out when it was first advertised!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I'm skeptical about the comment on the add that they are willing to take to a transport company for interstate buyers and then offer to have a cousin tow it over just to look at it and tow it home if not sold??????