It is time to order

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Okay, after nearly two months of trying to sell the Eagle it has finally sold and now we are ready to place an order on the new van.

We have searched and studied the many posts an here and we think we have come up with the ideal option/fitout for us.

So........

This is what we will get

Awning,
aerial,
150 litre fridge,
extra water tank, (3 in total)
3 gauge monitor if possible,
2 x 120 watt solar panels with
2 x 100 amp batteries in line,
simplicity suspension,
5 x 265/70R16 tyres,
privacy screens,
2 x fixed bunks with separate curtains,
1 large external hatch under bottom bunk,
cd/stereo with 2 speakers,
external speakers fitted on top roof line of fibre glass panel,
external light on road side of van,
shower rail to separate toilet if possible,
extend draw bar by 300mm,
external gas bayonet,
external picnic table,
12 volt fan for fridge,
3 shelves in robe,
laminex top dining table,
external shower,
2 jerry can holders if possible,
break safe monitor,
12 pin plug and
12 months registration.

We think we have pretty much got everything covered.

Is there anything else you think we should probably include?

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
no air con/heater? no water pumps? any one else spot something they need, though it may seem they are standard, be sure they are noted in the contract.

Thanks, we opted not to get the air con as we have coped for many years without airconditioning and we intend to do a lot of free camping. Later on we will be getting the inbuilt gas heater, just couldn't stretch the budget that far, besides it is a dealer fit, not factory fitted option. The water pumps are stadard in the ensuite models I believe, well I hope they are.

Thanks for pointing those out.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Gidday Mick

Sounds a good list of options and many the same as us.

The 16's are a ripoff for what you pay IMO but I would probaly option them if I had my time again. Good luck with the 3rd water tank, despite all the dealers saying yes the factory said no emphatically (on the 16:49-3)

Also on the fridge fan, make sure it's the proper thermatically controlled fridge fan, not just another 12 volt fan.

Good luck

Reactions: MolongMick

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
The 16's are a ripoff for what you pay IMO but I would probaly option them if I had my time again. Good luck with the 3rd water tank, despite all the dealers saying yes the factory said no emphatically (on the 16:49-3)

Yes they are a bit on the expensive side, but I feel that they just give a bit more of a foot print when off road, if I were to mainly do blacktop stuff, I probably wouldn't even look at them.

Also on the fridge fan, make sure it's the proper thermatically controlled fridge fan, not just another 12 volt fan.

I will ask the dealer what sort of fan it is that they will install, if it is thermatically controlled or not. Never actually thought of that. Thanks.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Might be very hard to sell if you don't get a/c ,very limited market for no a/c these days

You know I thought about this when buying ours. Given the A/C is nearly $2k that amount of a Van secondhand will probaly help it sell anyway. When we bought our first S/H expanda the A/C wasn't a priority, also the A/C takes up so much useful space in a expanda I understand people not optioning it.

Reactions: MolongMick

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
When I asked about a buying a fan for our 17-56-2, I was told the 150lt fridges are tropical rated and a fan would not be needed.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
You know I thought about this when buying ours. Given the A/C is nearly $2k that amount of a Van secondhand will probaly help it sell anyway. When we bought our first S/H expanda the A/C wasn't a priority, also the A/C takes up so much useful space in a expanda I understand people not optioning it.

It is funny that you say this as this was my opinion as well. Also we would not get the use out of it as mentioned before we plan to do a amjority of free camping where there is no power to run the A/C.

I would rather put thate $2600 needed for a decent roof mounted A/C into the central gas heater, which also weighs considerably less.

Thanks for you advice, I'm happy with any suggestions and will clarify anything that we have left off.