In for first service and warranty list

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Dropped the van in for its first service yesterday.

The list of warranty items were:
1. Barrel locks are stiff to the point where some of the barrels have pulled out.
2. Leak above the front lid onto the canvas.
3. Top cap of one of the awning arms was installed crooked. Which means it does not close up nicely.
4. Back drop jack has been welded on and angle. Thus it does not hang down straight.
5. Rear cover of toilet has separated from the wall.
6. Rerout electrics for brakes as they currently sit on top of the rubber stopper of the simplicity suspension.
7. Place packers in the wood panels in the fridge door as the panels have dropped exposing the rough edge.
8. Have asked for a refund or replacement of the mattress. Prefer a refund but we will see.

And I had it confirmed that the switch beside the door is the master switch for a single light above the sink. I will never understand the logic behind it, but I will now reuse that switch for some other mod instead.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
I'm with you brad re the switch, how easy would it have been at manufacture to connect the main internal lights on the same common switch, not just one light. :crazy:

I wonder if we had asked to do this as an option whether they would have?

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
that's wierd.
My switch does all 3 roof light fittings. Is it only one light on the 18?
Yep. On my 18 it does the centre cabin light only. OK once you get used to it. Just got to remember! Weird Jayco logic that you can turn off all your lights (I think I've 12 or 13 including reading lights) except for centre one and still make your way to the door safely. Same when you come home late, enough light to see the switches for all the others.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Yep, mine too, go figure....:loco:
Not a much of a issue, just a curiosity...Why!
It can't all be about cost surely, wouldn't you think the bloke running the cable to the centre light would say to himself.......here's a crazy idea, what would happen if I ran a switch wire from this light to that light right there....bugger me they both come on together....:ohwell:

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
The big switch mystery...lol

I actually like the way it is designed.

We rarely use more than 1 light at a time so for us it would be an over kill to have them all come on and waaaaay too bright.
I have installed LED's all around and the strongest LED is the door switched one in the middle, then going out bit weaker and up at the beds they are the weakest.....works well for us.

Anyway, hope you get your issues sorted. I have mine going in 27th with a longish list.

Good luck

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I had another thread going a while back where I asked some other members about the "switch to turn on a switch" light in the van.
We suspected that the system may have been a hang over from the pop top design where in the pop tops the switch on the wall allows you to easily turn on some lights whilst the roof is down. In terms of why they would leave any remnant of two switches to turn on a light in a full height van however is a complete mystery to me.

Yes maccayak point number four will be interesting. I said to them not to dare grind anything and break the gal seal. So they are looking at a possible packer option instead. I reacon this will be the one item they will not fix.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I'm going to touch a piece of wood, ours is due for it's 1st service and we have nothing to put on a list for them. I did a couple minor things myself like re doing the catches on the drawers and re securing the tap to the drawbar. Other than that all good. We don't like the mattress so we might ask about that, although I can live with it.

Geoff

OZSHEP

Oct 5, 2012
Sandhurst Melbourne
We are on the 6th day of our first trip, ( on the great Murray river) everything is going well except for one of the mattresses. I swear there's almost a 2 inch drop between large part and smaller strip. We have put a foam topper on, but there's no way 2 adults could sleep on it. Thankfully the little fella is sleeping on it , but seriously 'what the'?? It's crazy! I mIght add the other mattress is only a little bit better. But we have to have a thick foam topper on that also. Will be contacting Jayco about it as soon as we get home.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Bayswater Jayco rang up today and said all work was completed. They also managed to straighten the drop jack. I am hanging to see what they did to fix that...

In terms of beds, Jayco have agreed to replace the bed with a foam one. And they are happy for me to keep the old one. To which I said I was not sure how well mattresses burn but I will give it my best shot. I was surprised to hear them offering a foam replacement as I thought from other posts Jayco was simply not making the foam versions any more.
So with my bed end mod already in place the new mattress will only be of use to me if it fits the rear mattress. Otherwise I have a spare.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I might try and chase up a foam if thats the case !!! Ours is out of warranty so I'm not sure how we will go<but I would be happy to buy one. We only have the innerspring at one end and foam at the other.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
We are on the 6th day of our first trip, ( on the great Murray river) everything is going well except for one of the mattresses. I swear there's almost a 2 inch drop between large part and smaller strip. We have put a foam topper on, but there's no way 2 adults could sleep on it. Thankfully the little fella is sleeping on it , but seriously 'what the'?? It's crazy! I mIght add the other mattress is only a little bit better. But we have to have a thick foam topper on that also. Will be contacting Jayco about it as soon as we get home.
Ozshep, we had the same issues with out mattress it was terrible and we had to get another mattress in Alice springs to lay on the top of it.... We took it up with Page brothers and they had someone from Jayco come out and look at it and it was declaired faulty and was replaced, i was not confident about the new mattress but we spent a few nights on it and it was fine, a vast improvement. Take it up with your dealer, i also know a guy on this forum that will make a great one if you need it, brad one of the forum members has one and recons its great.
Good luck!!

Reactions: OZSHEP

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Bayswater Jayco rang up today and said all work was completed. They also managed to straighten the drop jack. I am hanging to see what they did to fix that...

In terms of beds, Jayco have agreed to replace the bed with a foam one. And they are happy for me to keep the old one. To which I said I was not sure how well mattresses burn but I will give it my best shot. I was surprised to hear them offering a foam replacement as I thought from other posts Jayco was simply not making the foam versions any more.
So with my bed end mod already in place the new mattress will only be of use to me if it fits the rear mattress. Otherwise I have a spare.

it was me that was told that they dont have them anymore unless they had someone upgrade to the inner spring when it was an option and they kept the foams as spares, could have been rubbish... we had ours replaced with a new inner spring one and its vastly improved and so far all ok
Cheers