I keep breaking those plastic clips holding the door open.

Roh

Oct 26, 2010
Mornington Peninsula VIC
Hey all,
Has anyone had any trouble with the plastic clips that hold the main door open. I have broken 2 in the last month with having the main door latched open, and the flywire closed. Then the kids open the flywire door, the wind catches it and slams it against the other breaking the plastic clip mounted to the van (id love to tell the kids to hang onto the door, but they are only small). I thought of a normal cabin hook to keep it open, but thought someone here may have had a good idea i could use.
Hope everyone is having a Good Easter break
Rohan

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
A cork from a champagne bottle will fix this. You can easily squeeze it in the opening on the main door. This prevents them from banging together and breaking the plastic parts.

So what you need to do is
1. Go out and buy a bottle of champagne
2. Drink it
3. Save the cork and use it as a shock absorber.

I can help you with the 2nd part.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day Rohan and welcome to the forum. I don't have your problem (no kids) but could you connect a length of flexible wire to the wire door and the door frame at the top that allows the wire door to open far enough to allow exit but not quite far enough to hit the outer door. It could be connected by a hook to allow removal if you wanted to open the door all the way. Just an idea. :director:

By your by-line in your signature, I hope you enjoyed the movie as much as we did. :biggrin1:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day Rohan, the movie is 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel'. The young Indian owner uses the quote when describing his hotel but also uses it as a life guide. I think it's a good philosphy and it was a good movie as well. ;)

duck

Apr 17, 2012
Adelaide
G'day I'm new to the forum but I have had 2 of the clips break although mine broke in different circumstances to yours and the fix may not stop your problem. The white doorstop collapses when the wind catches the door and slams it against the stop. The handle protrudes enough to break the part that holds the wire loop to the van side. I took the outside part of the doorstop off and found a piece of plastic pipe to fit inside leaving enough room for it to collapse and little to take the shock but not enough fot it to hit the clip. The other alternative is what wanderer20 did and attach a flyscreen which is available from bunning. The screen is in strips and the kids can walk through it. Have a look at one of his posts there is a picture of it

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
What is the clip - is it on the inside or outside of the door - can someone post a photo so I can be aware! -we have 4 kids so would prefer to avoid this problem if possible

duck

Apr 17, 2012
Adelaide
door clip 1.jpg the clip

Reactions: busybusymum