Holden Man's new van - Lotus Freelander

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Your lucky they must have sold the one I drooled all over at a recent caravan show, I so much wanted it, floor would have been messy I think.......what can I say, "It's bloody nice"....

And you will get heaps of traction with those tyres...!!!!!!

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
What a pair toyota and a lotus both from f1 doing the toyota jump you must be able to jump on the roof of the lotus you would be jumping that high good on you ,,, you deserve it well done only toyota owners know the jump of joy and maybe lotus owners too

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Oooh, I like those boxes underneath. Were they standard or did you ask for them?
Looks like battery boxes I think?
Your on the money @17triton, @Smirke that's our batteries, they mount them outside on the Freelander, gives more space and storage inside, it has 2 as standard, we added the third as an option, because of the 12v fridge. So she has 360ah of battery storage.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
So after a busy few days packing gear in the Lotus, the boss allowed me to take pictures, everything now in its place. Lotus do a nice job inside and out.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now I will have to give Big Mal a polish up............tyre black.........oh and polish the rotten alloy sides.....

Oh mate also if your cruising our wonderful QLD roads and its wet, if you notice a section of road that looks like soap suds, it could be stuff that stains really bad, I found out last week, my shiny alloy is badly stained and won't polish out, yet. Think something leached from a new section of road.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
My goodness. You have 10 switches as you walk in the door! I bet the label maker is going to get a good work out.
It looks great inside. I hope everything goes well for your trip.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Thanks folks, she's a ripper, yes they went a little overboard with the switches, I asked that the lights on 4 sides, have a switch for each side, they interpreted that as a switch for every individual light, go figure!! So some electrical work to do when I get home to parallel up some lights and reduce the number of switches.

Here's some photos today of the complete rig, as we travelled 7 hrs South to South West Rocks. The cruiser and lotus, a match made in heaven....:)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg