18' Series Hello & thank you.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
No, they are a mix of super bright's (less LED's). Brighter in the main cabin lights, slightly less in the reading lights (but still bright enough for these old eyes to read by). I'll post some pics tomorrow of actual globes to give you better idea rather than mislead you trying to describe them in words. Perhaps pics will also assist in trying to explain to local suppliers what you're seeking.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
LED photos as promised

That looks really good. Are they 36 led panels in the main lights?

Here are the pics I promised. Hopefully they'll give you a few ideas. Took these this morning with the van cover still on (Getting that off is my biggest task with a big Expanda with solar panels and A/c.)

DoorLight.jpg This is the light at the door. Globe from auto store - most expensive purchase ($20+), but stops the hot handle problem.
and provides security/safety lighting. A mate gave me the heads up on this one. The plastic cover just pushes off.
Interior.jpg These are from Ebay (China) 6 super bright leds. 2 in each of three main cabin lights*, 1 in each end light and each extension bed light.
Dining.jpg This is one over dining table.* 9 Led, cause I ran out of above (Expanda has many more lights than the Flamingo. Roughly same brightness.
Downlights.jpg All the downlights (got these from Bright Light Auto Parts).
ensuite.jpg The ensuite light (Ebay).
Cuopboards2.jpgCupboards.jpg Cupboard lights. $3 battery ones from supermarket. Push on, push off. In all cupboards and lockers. Glued in, easy as.

Interior2.jpgInterior1.jpg Today's interior shots with all lights on. Van cover is on so similar to night effect.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Thanks Xpandafan, they look great, certainly has got me thinking about my options when the expanda arrives in October. Really appreciate the effort you have gone to, to get the pics and post them. Thanks heaps.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
You're welcome Holden_man. Life's too short to reinvent the wheel. The two interior pics were taken without flash to give you a good idea of brightness level. All these led's just plug in–no glue or tape needed. Discolouration around some sockets caused by heat from original incandescents. Bet October can't come soon enough for you.
After-thought: Just checked Ebay - found some round (6 led) avail from USA at 4 for $36 (incl post), and the rectangular (6 led) in ensuite pic are 2 for less that $5 from Taiwan.

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
What a beauty and so is this site welcome Expandafan to huge amount of people with a common interest and some outstand ideas and modifications to make what is already a good caravan a great caravan.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
What a beauty and so is this site welcome Expandafan to huge amount of people with a common interest and some outstand ideas and modifications to make what is already a good caravan a great caravan.[/QUOTE
Thank rojoberry. Certainly learned more from this site (and a mate with a couple of Expandas in family) than ever thought possible. Nothing beats help from real people with real vans.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Howdy, i too made the mistake of a casual wander around the Jayco lot... goodbye Eagle OB hello Expanda OB! We love it.
Cheers

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Howdy, i too made the mistake of a casual wander around the Jayco lot... goodbye Eagle OB hello Expanda OB! We love it.
Cheers
Hi Paul,
I think I posted elsewhere that I prefer to see us as supporting the economy, not indulging ourselves.
As to making mistakes, we've come out of Prestige Jayco with new rigs TWICE when just doing the casual wander thing!
First it was a Flamingo OB then the Expanda saying "Buy Me!"
Broke but delighted.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks pace9908. What's your experience with the chip in the Pathy? That was one of my next tasks.

Powerchip installed. wow what a difference. who needs a 550, just kidding,I'm sure I wouldn't say no. all joking aside,mod is straight forward,easy and cheap power gain. will see how the economy part of goes now.

std 128kw 405nm.claimed with powerchip 155kw 490nm.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Plug in power gone are the days of chasing horse power with engine mods. It will be interesting to see how your economy is too Pace after a few tanks.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Powerchip installed. wow what a difference. who needs a 550, just kidding,I'm sure I wouldn't say no. all joking aside,mod is straight forward,easy and cheap power gain. will see how the economy part of goes now.

std 128kw 405nm.claimed with powerchip 155kw 490nm.
We ALL need a 550, pace. Few of us will probably ever get one.;)

Chookster

Mar 4, 2014
Secret harbour
LED photos as promised

Here are the pics I promised. Hopefully they'll give you a few ideas. Took these this morning with the van cover still on (Getting that off is my biggest task with a big Expanda with solar panels and A/c.)

View attachment 8999 This is the light at the door. Globe from auto store - most expensive purchase ($20+), but stops the hot handle problem.
and provides security/safety lighting. A mate gave me the heads up on this one. The plastic cover just pushes off.
View attachment 9000 These are from Ebay (China) 6 super bright leds. 2 in each of three main cabin lights*, 1 in each end light and each extension bed light.
View attachment 9007 This is one over dining table.* 9 Led, cause I ran out of above (Expanda has many more lights than the Flamingo. Roughly same brightness.
View attachment 9001 All the downlights (got these from Bright Light Auto Parts).
View attachment 9002 The ensuite light (Ebay).
View attachment 9005View attachment 9006 Cupboard lights. $3 battery ones from supermarket. Push on, push off. In all cupboards and lockers. Glued in, easy as.

View attachment 9003View attachment 9004 Today's interior shots with all lights on. Van cover is on so similar to night effect.
Hi expanda fan just wondering how u get the cover off the down lights, I've tried (gently) but didn't want to break them, looks great btw