Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
This is what arrived in the park at Milli last night.! SLRV 4x 4 .Commander .Thought the Dakar rally had arrived !Mid seventies Dutch couple with too much money.Made on Gold Coast exported around the world.Bargain price around $700000.00 big ones.Taking orders now.Very good for taking direct routes from a to b

Attachments

• F2812B96-4F27-447D-BE78-6D7D28C0E8E1.jpeg
    F2812B96-4F27-447D-BE78-6D7D28C0E8E1.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: Drover and Bluey

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
This is what arrived in the park at Milli last night.! SLRV 4x 4 .Commander .Thought the Dakar rally had arrived !Mid seventies Dutch couple with too much money.Made on Gold Coast exported around the world.Bargain price around $700000.00 big ones.Taking orders now.Very good for taking direct routes from a to b

@Crusty181 , you will be placing an order for one of these very soon won't you??

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I use the van mostly now days for playing the radio in the back yard while im doing stuff out there so thats working well it comes in handy but i did make a better parking spot for it when its out of the pergola it used to near bog itself sinking in the dirt bit of conk two nice sleepers its done now it can sit there evan longer i brought the lazer home from work sits nice and level now

I don’t think those wooden maxtrax are going to work in sand @Bluey

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Back over the border at Texas yesterday.Hard decision .Now in Inverell,town buzzing as is Inverell Caravan park ,chocka with NSW rigs on the move.Hope this isnt indicative of caravaning from now on ,free camps full ,cpks full,

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh well, never to return to QLD , well at least for a few months @BJM..................Suppose the Texas camp by the river was chockas, usually is at this time of year...................................... I think when the gates open we will be inundated by those lurking around the border soon to be followed by a massive horde of Victorians when they can eventually escape their exile from the rest of the country, going to be great times I think for sure ................................ School holidays kick off in NSW at end of month so if its packed now what will it be like then....

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Worse still will be that CPs will be jacking up the prices. The horde of new campers won't care because it is still cheaper than an overseas holiday.
CP owners will be squeezing in more sites. More dogs, more screaming kids and packed in so tight you can smell and hear everything next door, including the TV and the also an AC going all night. That will continue until there is a major fire.
The CP will still be pursuing their vendetta to close down every free camp.
And the NP will have so many campers they will also jack up their prices.

Probably time to sell the Penguin. Except, down in Melbourne we are unlikely to be out of confinement this side of Christmas so traveling to buy a van is prohibited, as is just about everything else.

take care
Mike

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Crusty181 , you will be placing an order for one of these very soon won't you??
It could fit into that demographic where the only people that have $700k in excess disposable coin, are the most likely people that you'll never find anywhere near the places that thing is designed to go. Me, on the other hand am risking my life just trying to wash the Troopy's roof

I looked at an Isuzu 4x4 body truck, make new chassis for Big Mal and fit it to back of Isuzu but they wanted too much for crane hire.
We met some folk on our lap with a 4x4 Isuzu towing a van. Fantastic setup and I was absolutely 120% sold on that when we got home I be ibuying one and setting it up for touring. We hired the Isuzu 200 series delivery ..... and Im driving a Troopy now. The Troopy is not the worlds best drivers vehicle (yes, amazing I know), but its a $hit ton better than that horrific Isuzu to drive

followed by a massive horde of Victorians
We'll be on our way soon enough
c660f992-d90e-4196-98b0-96e2cc9494c2-large16x9_1280x960_71127P00DPOEO (1).jpg

Reactions: DRW and mikerezny

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I didnt mean one if those dinky Isuzu bread trucks, something in the 4x4 N series line up................
I reckon when the gates open up here Ill have a clear run to my fav spots in NSW and Vic........mates reckon its no different trying to camp up here, .not the usual number plates but still heaps.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I didnt mean one if those dinky Isuzu bread trucks, something in the 4x4 N series line up................
The off road 4x4 and the moving trucks were fundamentally the same in regards to a shared discomfort and miserable under powering .... ho, and they are horrible things to drive, or just sit in

I reckon when the gates open up here Ill have a clear run to my fav spots in NSW and Vic
Sorry, lockdown has required a dramatic and expensive shift to camping in Vic. All favourites have been reallocated and you need to apply with a small fee to have favourites again .... under the ballot system, you may get someone else's favourites

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sorry, lockdown has required a dramatic and expensive shift to camping in Vic. All favourites have been reallocated and you need to apply with a small fee to have favourites again .... under the ballot system, you may get someone else's favourites

Won't matter once you Vics are allowed to escape, nobody will be there, be up here checking out the Real Estate agents ............ in fact I think a house near us has sold and the new occupants are Vics sitting in a motel doing their 14 days penance before moving in.... seems the thing is to buy a house up here, leave Melb and do 14 days in jail before sitting on a QLD beach.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
SA looking at letting NSW in, AFL Grand Final in a few weeks in QLD so " Anna The Plank " The Queen of QLD, will open the gates as she is such a wonderful Leader (not) so the peasants can marvel in her glory of getting the Grand Final here (cost a squillion $$) the election a week later is just coincidence........................... so as the hordes descend into QLD I'm going south I think, will be hidden amongst the thousand's of Victorians who have been hiding up here since Feb and are racing back home to organise a removalist......................

Haven't caught a Carp all year so there must be plenty for me to catch........................

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
" Anna The Plank " The Queen of QLD
I will offer you a deal. I will take the Queen of QLD and you can have d***head dan, the Dictator of Victoria.
And that will also solve your problem with the Invasion of QLD by Victorians.

Hmmm.. actually a bad idea. I need a solution for when I shift to QLD. Deal is off. Anna stays in QLD. I need to find a way to stop all those other Victorians from moving up.

The other problem is that if enough Victorians come to QLD they will elect another dan clone.

Perhaps a feasible solution is to get out of Victoria ASAP, move to NSW for a couple of years, wait for the Victorians to go back home, and then slide on up to QLD.

take care
Mike

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I like your thought train, I'll let you into a secret, if you move to QLD stay out of SE QLD and you won't have very much to do with the QLD Government, they only realize there is more to QLD than Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast when an election is due..........
We certainly don't want Comrade Dan or any of your Greenie Whacko's, have too many Whacko's anyway.

Come on up here when you can fella, more than welcome.........................

William McInnes in todays Courier Mail ......

" I hear about Trump and Biden and think it’s like having the two old guys from the theatre-box from the Muppet Show running for president. "

............................always good for a laugh.......

Reactions: mikerezny

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I need to find a way to stop all those other Victorians from moving up.
I know, get a virus and make out its 10000 times worse than it is by convincing the masses it will strike down every single man woman and child (with particularly ferociousness against fisherman, golfers, Jims lawn mowers (but not council or urban lawn mowers) and anyone who owns a small business but biologically skips right on past politicians, bureaucrats, construction workers, sportspeople, celebrities or anyone in Bunnings). A seriously big task to ask, but hmmmm, who would we get to sell this mumbo jumbo snake oil, Who talks up more crap than anyone???? I think it would need to be at least a Mammalogist. (I not convinced that's even a real thing) Ive got it, Timothy Fridtjof Flannery is perfect and an expert on everything that he's not an expert on, and will only cost us $50mill/hr. Then all we need is to get the locals to vote in a complete buffoon, someone who even looks like a complete buffoon, then suspend democracy, get the police to rough house a stack of restrictions that we just make up on the hop and I think bam, you've just got your wish on the dish .... but hey, that's a set of fanciful circumstances that could never organically occur in the real world.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I know, get a virus and make out its 10000 times worse
I have the perfect virus: Stupidity.

Oh, crap, that won't work. It has already infected 95% of the population. Fortunately, the other 5% of us have absolute immunity. Although I do catch a mild version on occasions. Even better, those who are immune get more protection from mild bouts as they get older. This extra protection is often called wisdom!

Unfortunately, there has never been a cure for it. They have developed many potential vaccines, generally grouped as either education or experience, but they offer only short-term protection for the virus and have no effect at all on the worst cases.
The strange thing is that these vaccines have proven to be invaluable to those already with immunity. It greatly reduces the risk of catching mild but inconvenient bouts of the virus.

They have developed valuable tools to assist in determining if people have the virus. One even detects the seriousness of the infection.
The scientists install a useless politician in power whose only skill is to keep getting elected. They then watch the population as this person make mistake after mistake after mistake and group those who still support them as being infected. Those who don't are classed as immune. This test seems to have no false positives or negatives.
The people who offer the most support, and those who vilify anyone with a different view are deemed to be the most infected.

One sad and tragic side effect of this virus is that it opens the door to all other viruses. Those with this infection will go to great lengths to ensure the rapid spread of any other virus. One consequence is that, in doing so, eventually a virus is propagated that kills both those with the stupidity virus and those immune from it.
In fact, the current virus, propagated by stupidity, targets many elderly people with enhanced levels of immunity from stupidity having developed much wisdom.

This is a most stubborn and clever virus.

take care
Mike

Reactions: Disco Duck