Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I had a good look at the photo I posted and can't work out what you lot are on about.....staring at 4 walls must be sending youse troppo.....

Oh and this article about sums up things like mateship , something that comes about through joint effort and hardwork, its earned and politicians have nothing to do with it.......................................... looking backwards at the past should be looking ahead......................sounds like a top bloke to me.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07...ce-of-racial-equality-in-vietnam-war/12462118

Reactions: Disco Duck

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
I had a good look at the photo I posted and can't work out what you lot are on about.....staring at 4 walls must be sending youse troppo.....

And now the eyesight.......................... Poor Drover. All downhill mate LOL

Oh and this article about sums up things like mateship , something that comes about through joint effort and hardwork, its earned and politicians have nothing to do with it.......................................... looking backwards at the past should be looking ahead......................sounds like a top bloke to me.

He had a go, Drover and found he liked it when he made the effort. Big lesson to be learnt there.......for a lot of people.
My Dad always used to say, "If you want things to change, YOU have to change!!" Took me some time to work that one out but he was so right.
I won't dwell on that too much but the two questions most of them should be asked is: "What is it you that you want?" and then "How are you going to go about achieving it?" As you learnt Drover, respect has to be earnt, especially in the services and nobody is going to respect someone who screams because they can't get it. I'm off my soapbox now :)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07...ce-of-racial-equality-in-vietnam-war/12462118
What are the other camper going to do, now that you've demolished the dunny

(I smell a rat, the original photo you post was numbered 65412, the current one is 65419 ... you still demolished the dunny)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
What are the other camper going to do, now that you've demolished the dunny

(I smell a rat, the original photo you post was numbered 65412, the current one is 65419 ... you still demolished the dunny)

Refer to post 3258

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I say @Drover , if you see a very new (5 days old!) AOR Quatum towed by a white 2018 200 series Toyota Cruiser, it will be the couple with the new van who were camped near us at Booloumba Creek. Their names are Jeff and Ingrid. They are real "newbies" to vanning and needed a lot of help and guidance when with us, from setting up to solar generation. Any assistance you can give them if you come across them would be appreciated I am sure. Eidsvold was their second stopover during their shakedown with new van and they will be there for a few days camping off grid I think. I will be making a post on how they started and what mistakes they made.

@Drover, just an update on the van, I have found out that the cost would be in excess of $110,000.00, plus the cost of their tug, so some people have MONEY!! Van built near Caloundra and new owners travelled from South Australia through outback NSW (dodging Victoria) just to collect it, and this was their first van. No wonder they were unprepared and needed lots of help. Van has all the latest bling with all controls operated by apps remotely by phone (24 different controls in two different apps for lighting and facilities, or from a central control panel inside. 2 X 100ah lithium batteries, 2 X 150w solar panels on roof, A/C, 2000w induction pull out cooker, diesel heater plus all outdoor gas and stainless steel food preparation areas including 120L compressor fridge, plus, plus, plus...shower and toilet inside, single axle. Nice van but well outside my price range or style...well outside indeed!! And for a newbie with NO electrical knowledge at all, it will make for a very interesting experience all the way up to Cairns and back to South Australia. I wished then every success on their maiden voyage!! More later on separate post.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They will learn as they go, nothing better sometimes I suppose, been watching all sorts of vans running North along the Burnett Hwy, some newbies with all the bling and quite a few older set ups, looking very functional.......................... So far I have dismantled my shower mixer and luckily fixed it, no leaks, had a plan B which I didn't need to use and this morning the flamin laptop wouldn't fire up, on/off switch felt dodgy it is on a seperate board from the main board and sure enough the mount needed some TLC, all working again................ no matter how many checks before take off things always wait till you leave............. The Jayco/Fiat house boat is heading off to Bundy Jayco for maintenance today, under warranty so should get sorted eventually, think its a screw stopping things..

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Don't worry about what went before @Bluey , just send you batty just go with the flow..................... it will just send you round the twist trying to follow and understand political logic................. Bit of cloud around as the sun pokes its head up at Roma, QLD.......

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Be wearing this soon.
darthvader-header.jpg

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Don't worry about what went before @Bluey , just send you batty just go with the flow..................... it will just send you round the twist trying to follow and understand political logic................. Bit of cloud around as the sun pokes its head up at Roma, QLD.......
weather radar shows your lawn is getting a water

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Reactions: mfexpanda

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Don't worry about what went before @Bluey , just send you batty just go with the flow..................... it will just send you round the twist trying to follow and understand political logic
Not as easy as you may think, the Fed Govt website still maintains masks should not be worn ... and its timely advise because it mentions the current Vic mask requirement

Reactions: Bluey and davemc

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
That’s really good news Bill, now you just have take care of the lady. Elaine sends her regards as well.
Thanks Paul - regards to you both as well - one day we will catch up again! Just had the camper serviced - sensor for front water tank not working (just needed to be reattached) - big window on roof was leaking - resealed with new cover strip. They don’t do our window anymore - had a few issues apparently. Hope to get to Hill End shortly...

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Victoria has a new suburb.Yamba.! Caravan parks full of Vics.Town flat out.A little disconcerting ,too many not listening keeping distance etc.Hoping to head north in another week.Had a new windscreen put in the 2010 Grand Cherokee yesterday by Obriens.Chinese rubbish ,same old poor fit ,doesnt follow turrent line as should etc.Rear view Mirror attachment put on crooked.Made it known wasnt happy.The fitters couldnt see any problems.Having arguments with a retailer re biodegrable $300.00 van cover .3 year warranty fell apart after 11 months.! Guess what chinese made again.

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My insurance mob will cover the dearer glass thankfully, out west mostly QLDers, the NSWelshmen and Vics I've met all say to me stay this side of the border and they are staying out here, they circled around western NSW until the border opened, said the crossing on the Mitchell Hwy was easy, just one other car, they said all the numb nuts hovered on the coast , like me reckon the coast will explode.........