Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Well drove to the Post Office to send off something, chose late in day as the pensioner crowd would be gone, so rolled into the butcher's, damn he has some lovely stuff, pity the Pork ribs don't like me anymore but we got plenty of cow and Vegemite & Cheese sausages, truly a great banger...... No shortage of Cow, Pig, Sheepy Baas or Chook here........ Mate said he went early to Woollies for the 0700 pensioner shop, he said the line was miles long which is understandable as 90% of the population here is old farts, we go about 1800 they have flaked out on the couch by then.......................
Stay safe people, might have to plan a big bash by a river or lake when this crap is all over........................

Parking spaces down the street this afternoon reminded me of 50 years ago, could park outside any shop you wanted.

Reactions: Drover and Bluey

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Funnily enough the QLD council elections are still going ahead this weekend they say you can’t stop democracy I say you can’t stop stupid either I mean it’s just councils? Anyway I’m doing what the prim minister said and self isolating for 2 weeks after being interstate earlier this week should sound good in court when I refuse to pay my fine lol

Reactions: Bluey and Dean81

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
Funnily enough the QLD council elections are still going ahead this weekend they say you can’t stop democracy I say you can’t stop stupid either I mean it’s just councils? Anyway I’m doing what the prim minister said and self isolating for 2 weeks after being interstate earlier this week should sound good in court when I refuse to pay my fine lol

i'm with you - i'm refusing to vote, good luck trying to make the fine stick when we are all meant to be practising social distancing
they can stick their election up their you know what :)

Reactions: DRW and Bluey

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
did an early vote for redlands election ,nobody shoving how to votes at you vollies banned,queing area marked out with lines 1.5 meters apart ,staff making sure no one bunched up,staff at door with hand sanitizer which you had to use before entry, voting staff well back from us ,new voting paper printed for each person,
steralised pencils avail if you did not have one, each pencil then steralised before going back to desk,if you took posted notice they just scanned it to identify you, did not have an issue ,just missed the sausage sizzle and cake stand, i have no real time for politics but if you do not vote you can only blame yourself if a wanker gets in , amen

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Now more government stupidity.
If you don't like rants, best skip the rest of this posting.

First it was the debacle in Sydney where biosecurity couldn't be bothered to come and test passengers coming off a cruise liner and over a hundred later tested positive to CV. Then they spent more effort in shifting blame and ass covering to give the impression that no one was responsible.
So the solution was to ban any more cruise ships docking until they sort something out. Seems like the episode in Tokyo weeks ago wasn't enough warning to get their asses into gear. Now there are ships at sea that are CV incubators until they can get passengers off and into effective quarantine.

Then the NSW government immediately went over the top handing out $1,000 fines if you break social distancing "guidelines". Yep, when the poo hit the fan about the cruise, shift the goal posts to avoid scrutiny, appear to be tough and proactive, and increase revenue. political win-win.

Now to the point.
Sydney International airport. People lining up shoulder to shoulder either ignoring or unaware of social distancing guidelines. A concerned passenger asked Australian Border Force to take action. The reply was "Not our problem, its a biosecurity problem"
So, NSW police can fine, arrest, and jail anyone for breaking the social distancing law, but when it comes to protecting Australians at key CV entry points like airports and ports, the government agencies are completely and utterly incompetent. lazy, and useless.

Lets have another Royal Commission at the end of this to gather up all the evidence needed to document that the governments did a jolly fine job under the circumstances and that valuable lessons have been learnt that will be documented, and lost by the time they are needed again.

Politicians and bureaucrats: I wouldn't waste my wee on them if they were on fire.

cheers
Mike

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I saw the writing on the wall weeks back so applied online for a postal vote, turned up in letter box, ticked boxes and posted it back yesterday, easy peasy will do it more often as I hate going to polling booths, detest lining up especially for pollies............... be an idiot to line up nowadays, like those folk at the Dole Office, just BS.

So since you would have been in SA anyway @DRW what would have been your excuse, I was thinking if things had gone as planned I wouldn't have even knew about it as I would have been interstate for a month, only clicked we were having one here on the 14th of March as the close date for postal application was the 16th.

Hey @mikerezny was all going well till you said have a Royal Commission, just another waste of money on BS talk and a waste of paper on a report that will take months and months, in the end buggerall will be done... The idiots won't listen, won't learn or change the way they do things..............

Last edited:
Reactions: DRW

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hey @mikerezny was all going well till you said have a Royal Commission, just another waste of money on BS talk and a waste of paper on a report that will take months and months, in the end buggerall will be done... The idiots won't listen, won't learn or change the way they do things..............
Sorry, I must have not put enough tongue in cheek when writing my comment about Royal Commissions. I completely agree with you.

Further update on the cruise ship debacle. Passengers from that ship who ended up in SA now account for 50% of the known positive tests in that state.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...ses-linked-ruby-princess-cruise-ship/12093554

cheers
Mike

Reactions: Drover

rags

I too will not be voting either, no sausage no vote

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sorry, I must have not put enough tongue in cheek when writing my comment about Royal Commissions. I completely agree with you.

Possibly because youv'e been biting your tongue ????... Posted this earlier but stupid phone it didn't work and since then I've been gobsmacked again by state/federal governments still letting arrivals to self regulate their isolation, Blind Freddy could see they should have been saying you arrive in Sydney you will be holed up in the place of arrival for 14 days, no ifs or buts thats it.... this giving folk a choice is BS, do as your damn well told for once, no fines lock up end of story, no touchy feelly BS........ want to fight in a supermarket, no talk, Zap with taser .............

Moorons still holding stupid council elections in QLD, FFS stupid pollies again, we all know councils work better when they just have a CEO running the show, cheaper as well................. They have said you won't be fined if you don't turn up, so whats the damn point......

Well thats it, I'm not having anything to do with this line of topic anymore................ I'm back to planning my trip to the Nations Capital in a couple of months, might get some fishing at Wee Jasper as well....................a nice thought to finish with........

Reactions: Bluey and DRW

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
Yep, and we have some rich selfish people from the super rich suburb of Toorak who came from an overseas ski village which had the virus. They were told to go straight home and self isolate. They were spotted numerous times subsequently shopping and roaming the streets.
When it became a news item, a counciller said that we shouldn't be blaming them and should give them the benefit of the doubt. Still two very distinct classes in our society.
Toorak is in Stonnington which now has the highest concentration of confirmed cases in Victoria.

Mike

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
they went down to Portsea for the beach house as well to play some golf while waiting for results...
A lot of the cases in Vic linked to the same rich set.
One of them who says he is negative a ex Liberal state treasurer. So I gather we paid for his trip.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...an-linked-Melbourne-outbreak-coronavirus.html
Same as the cruise ship.

if we just managed a few things we probably not be as bad as it is.
Too many people self centred.

The worrying part is people like Richard Wilkins he still shows nothing. If he was not tested imagine how many people he would of passed it to.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
they went down to Portsea for the beach house as well to play some golf while waiting for results...
A lot of the cases in Vic linked to the same rich set.
One of them who says he is negative a ex Liberal state treasurer. So I gather we paid for his trip.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...an-linked-Melbourne-outbreak-coronavirus.html
Same as the cruise ship.

if we just managed a few things we probably not be as bad as it is.
Too many people self centred.

The worrying part is people like Richard Wilkins he still shows nothing. If he was not tested imagine how many people he would of passed it to.
Hi,
I note from the article that two people stated they were each tested twice, once overseas and again in Australia. I may be cynical, but I fail to understand how they could have had proper CV tests when the results currently take days to come back.
I strongly suspect they are referring to the test done at airports to measure elevated body temperature. If so, these are NOT a CV test.

Mike

Reactions: Boots in Action

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hi,
Yep, and we have some rich selfish people from the super rich suburb of Toorak who came from an overseas ski village which had the virus. They were told to go straight home and self isolate. They were spotted numerous times subsequently shopping and roaming the streets.
When it became a news item, a counciller said that we shouldn't be blaming them and should give them the benefit of the doubt. Still two very distinct classes in our society.
Toorak is in Stonnington which now has the highest concentration of confirmed cases in Victoria.

Mike

Yes Mike @mikerezny , one of that same group came back from ski-ing at Aspen and attended a party at Noosa with 50 or so others. Several party members in group (and staff at restaurant) there now confirmed with the virus and another at the young age of 73 and in fit condition has now moved onto the next world. Now the biggest cluster virus group area in Queensland!! People cannot be trusted to "self isolate". They only think of themselves and it is the elderly and the weak that suffer. Most of those that are well healed think that it does not apply to them - after all, they all think that their $hitt doesn't stink!!! @Drover had it right - lock 'em away for the duration and not in any fancy hotel with the Govt paying for their accommodation and food!!

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Yes Mike @mikerezny , one of that same group came back from ski-ing at Aspen and attended a party at Noosa with 50 or so others. Several party members in group (and staff at restaurant) there now confirmed with the virus and another at the young age of 73 and in fit condition has now moved onto the next world. Now the biggest cluster virus group area in Queensland!! People cannot be trusted to "self isolate". They only think of themselves and it is the elderly and the weak that suffer. Most of those that are well healed think that it does not apply to them - after all, they all think that their $hitt doesn't stink!!! @Drover had it right - lock 'em away for the duration and not in any fancy hotel with the Govt paying for their accommodation and food!![/
Arrogance,ignorance ,and just brain dead ! When I went down to our oldies hour at Coles yesterday to see police patrolling I thought what the hell has society come too.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Can anyone identify what this brand/model this vehicle is, nothing I know has that sort of panels...

f3172c64347c417e7fffaab1bf5c381ceaadd93a