Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Thought for the day
When I was young we had the dunny can man come around at night and change the dunny can
When I was a little older we had a septic tank put in
As I grew we finally had sewage connected and life was even more modern and the air was fresh

Now in retirement we travel in our modern caravan and I have become the dunny can man, the full circle :(

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Some people have no idea who or what the Dunny Man was or did, Mrs D is a city girl , (Melb, 9 miles from the GPO) was filled with horror when in 1974 I showed here this little shed down the back that had a flushless seat, plenty to read and spiders to eat any flies..........................we were 70 miles from Sydney..............

DRW

May 29, 2013
I used to live on the northern beaches not that far from "Summer Bay" I can remember the dunny man saying whoops I'll be back in a minute :p I did my apprenticeship in Brookvale and we looked after the dunny carts, keep your moth shut when underneath it's not mu my foreman used to remind me :o Then I worked for a crane company and we used to lift in spetic tanks around Mona Vale etc and I bet they are still being used today, ah Sydney.............

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Some people have no idea who or what the Dunny Man was or did, ..

we were always told to behave, otherwise the "dunnyman" would know, and get you when you went at night

fairly put the wind up me for years going at night at Grans house in North Ryde and when they moved to Manly

we were in Holdsworthy, so mod cons with septic's...............

Reactions: Drover and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Always leave him a couple of Tallies at Xmas, saved the fence getting fertilised....

One Xmas leave from the Navy I was going to do 2 weeks on the run for a Dunny Man mate but he left before I got the chance , I was going to make more in 2 weeks throwing cans than I could make in 2 months.........I was very fit back then.

Reactions: bigcol and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Or sitting there with the door open looking at the sky, candles all burnt away...door open for quick escape if spider drops on you......could see the SX from ours as a kid.

Reactions: bigcol and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Today I was required to go to Maroochydore and just down the road is Whitworths Marine, the Bunnings of fishing/boat gear shops, so a quick grab from an aisle or two before heading home...The new highway now makes it to Gympie, makes it easy to get home on an hour an half now.......I need more money.

If you check them out online, request the winter catalogue, a proper book job not a few sheets of paper.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mrs D would be down lke a shot, she's a Melb girl and likes to shop, me on the other hand the new digger sounds tempting, the hours are nice short days which I like BUT the thought of being in a city for more than a few hours fills me with dread, especially Melbourne in Winter, spent the odd winter at Williamstown Naval Dockyard, no thanks.

Reactions: Bluey and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
near on had a heart attack today on my way home from work

passed a nice looking Coromal Van,
being towed by a ute with a tin shed on the back
a colorado ute with a tin shed on the back
a WHITE colorado ute with a tin shed on the back
a WHITE colorado DUAL cab ute with a tin shed on the back
a WHITE colorado DUAL cab ute with a tin shed on the back with Gran and Grandad driving
a WHITE colorado DUAL cab ute with a tin shed on the back with Gran and Grandad driving with QLD plates.............................................

you over here in the west already @Drover ???????

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
near on had a heart attack today on my way home from work

passed a nice looking Coromal Van,
being towed by a ute with a tin shed on the back
a colorado ute with a tin shed on the back
a WHITE colorado ute with a tin shed on the back
a WHITE colorado DUAL cab ute with a tin shed on the back
a WHITE colorado DUAL cab ute with a tin shed on the back with Gran and Grandad driving
a WHITE colorado DUAL cab ute with a tin shed on the back with Gran and Grandad driving with QLD plates.............................................

you over here in the west already @Drover ???????

Now, now @bigcol , have you been drinking the diesel fuel again. Having just the ONE @Drover on this forum is enough!! But perhaps he has a double? Or like superman, can be anywhere and everywhere in Australia!!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Now, now @bigcol , have you been drinking the diesel fuel again.

that reminds me, I must get stuck into Pooie this weekend, and get her up and running again
driving around in a Fairmont Ghia 5L V8 is so very nice....................... its almost addictive

but I need her on the road soon-ish, getting withdrawal symptoms from not being off road

Reactions: DRW and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
...........................I was about to say I don't let old Patrools pass me but then I would have backed off to have a listen to a proper engine growl past me, alas not over that neck of the woods yet............................The Ute and Big Mal are having a maintenance period, make take awhile as I'm not in a hurry.

Reactions: bigcol

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
@Bluey, will we notice if you make some mistakes with your phone? :behindsofa: If you do figure it out, I ‘ll contact you for lessons as I am still trying to organise my Galaxy s7 after getting rid of an el cheapo Widows phone. :clock:

Reactions: mfexpanda

DRW

May 29, 2013
Well bugger me, received a phone call on Wednesday (just after a successful fishing trip) from a company in Melbourne, he said xxxx suggested I give you a call, xxxx wants me to buy him out of the company and he suggested I talk to you. He offered me a job looking after their largest customer (who I used to work for) working from home 2 days a week with 2 trips to China/Taiwan each year, he offered me a fantastic wage to go with it!!!! So I start tomorrow apparently, looks like the new Jayco Journey is closer than I thought, who wants to stay retired anyway???

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Well bugger me, received a phone call on Wednesday (just after a successful fishing trip) from a company in Melbourne, he said xxxx suggested I give you a call, xxxx wants me to buy him out of the company and he suggested I talk to you. He offered me a job looking after their largest customer (who I used to work for) working from home 2 days a week with 2 trips to China/Taiwan each year, he offered me a fantastic wage to go with it!!!! So I start tomorrow apparently, looks like the new Jayco Journey is closer than I thought, who wants to stay retired anyway???

That’s fantastic news

Reactions: DRW

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
I do...

Reactions: bigcol and 17triton