Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
The egg'spurts are talking about Vic getting smashed by massive rain storms over the next few days, predicting up to 250mm in some parts of central Vic. No much for other parts of Oz, but seriously horrendous by Mexican standards. I just got off the roof, cleaning the gutters; and Im not convinced all this dooms day stuff isnt a charade organised by the Princess to get me to clean the gutters .... still, i probably wont go out fishing in the yak, just i case.

i did the same last night, gutters have never been cleaner so lets hop the water runs away. I am hoping we at least get half of what they say to fill the water tank!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well while some say a Rain Event I reckon this morning it was just plain old pithing down, 53 mm in 4 hrs wasn't much in the big scheme but it was that wet that I found a Manta Ray beached in Lake Drover.

IMG_20171204_110822.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Pete and I are inside the house, too flamin wet for caravanning...............................ladies off shopping at Cooloola Cove Shopping Centre.

Reactions: bigcol

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
image.jpg
image.jpg
Unioun picnic today had a good day heaps of free stuff heaps of rides for kids easy got my moneys worth 15 thousand at showgrounds in melb maybe more was very busy but got all stuff done that our kids could do last rdo for the year rock on the end is in sight 10 days of work left
It’s lovely and hot in Thailand ;)

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I know wrong spot but hey !!!! Set up my mates New Age vans batteries and it has a BM Pro same set up as Jaycos but the monitor has another name, anyway the thing wouldn't show how much battery left, tried all sorts of things, he had to stop at New Age on the Sunny Coast for some warranty work and they scratched their heads until they discovered that the cable for the monitor needs to be the first one on the battery terminal, then you can put the others on top......must be very resistance sensitive......so if your Drifter is having a spaz that may be it.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Good evening all..... young @Drover
I dug a plane up today its made out of led quite heavy id say its quite old 4 meters down saw it come out of my bucket and grabed it i was wondering if any of the wiseer men on here had toys like this its like a lancaster bomber i think View attachment 58652
And on a side issue heres the boat pumped up and on the trailor 5 mins to pump it ....pump didnt evan get hot cuts out at 3psi which is in each pontoon its much harder than i would have pumped it but my pressure gauge dosnt lie and its just under 3psi im most inpressed
View attachment 58653
View attachment 58654
3 PSI ... just sounds likes its not enough

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Need bigger screen than phone but the aircraft is a great find, if its pewter then could be valuable but don't clean it with anything other than water untill you ID the metal or it might disolve, not a Lanc but very cool, envious of your find.................Could be a DC2.........

1512817544224.png

Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Do a Google but you could clean it up with ciggy ash and water, does a nice job on my old pewter mugs, proper pewter not that shiny stuff, my beer mug is retired as I found it could possibly poison me, suppose better late than never...lol,lol.

Reactions: Bluey and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You might need a garden trowel, brush for some serious exploration and you could find your early retirement package.

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Took Big Mal for a run and found the damn 12v for fridge not working, dodgy relay or connection on board back of fridge methinks, most annoying as fridge was practically empty so got warm, have therefore worked out and proved the theory that a full fridge keeps it's temp better...............used to travel with no 12v a lot as it had broken and stayed nice and cool but it was chockers, so there you go, still on a learning curve.................can be an absolute pain to fix, sort the rotten thing when I get home, stupid circuit boards.

Reactions: bigcol

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Took Big Mal for a run and found the damn 12v for fridge not working, dodgy relay or connection on board back of fridge methinks, most annoying as fridge was practically empty so got warm, have therefore worked out and proved the theory that a full fridge keeps it's temp better...............used to travel with no 12v a lot as it had broken and stayed nice and cool but it was chockers, so there you go, still on a learning curve.................can be an absolute pain to fix, sort the rotten thing when I get home, stupid circuit boards.
Hi @Drover,
have you checked it is not a blown 12V heating element?

If it is the circuit board, switch etc, and the element is ok AND you need the fridge to work on 12V, it may not be that difficult to run the 12V power to the fridge directly to the element.

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@mikerezny more than likely the 12v trip circuit, played up before, will check when I get home but only 12v so not important really, plugged into 240 now and on gas last night .......ran it for ages with no 12v for travelling actually only fixed it because when something doesn't work I have to fix it ......last time I made a set of jumpers to check the element, the wires sure get hot.