Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I could not believe this when I first read it and had to check it somewhere else first to make sure it was true.

Sad thing is its pushed all the Rod Marsh stories out, now the papers are flogging the memory of Warney to death as well..........

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My Winter "Whitworths Marine" catalogue arrived today, notice Sirocco II fans going at $189.95, lots of electrical fittings and other gear suitable for vans, often better quality and price than van shops .... especially stainless stuff.

They post out a Catalogue for each season, nice to shop with a hard copy not just online, good campfire reading........

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My phones still playing up with this forum after I bloody updated phone so chime in every now and then takes my ages to post and type stuff so see you when I do I'm nearly done this has taken 15mins stop start

Try another browser on your phone , see if that does anything along with the clear cache and history it may improve, suppose its a bloody i phone.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
If this isn't enough to make you stay at home https://www.calculator.net/fuel-cost-calculator.html

Wanted to see how much it will cost to vist Grandaughter in her new place in Brissie, $83 in fuel for the round trip and I haven't even used a tank full............ Zoom it.
We're flying to Qld in a couple of weeks with our youngest for 2/3rds the price of driving and half the price of towing

• Wow
Reactions: 1DayIll and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just refuelled at $2.15/lt so topping up half a tank slugged me over $100....

I was always a supporter of going metric but in 1974 when we went from Gallons to litres I thought the tax man and the oil companies will like this............ when fuel went from gallons to litres a rise of 2c just made a ripple but if that was looked at as 9c a gallon it would have caused a riot, so when fuel rose 20c/lt a few mumbles, little realizing it was equal to 90c/gl there would have been lynchings for sure so now at $2.15/lt = $9.77/gallon, an imperial gallon equals 4.546 litres................ and to think my log book back arund 72/73 shows 15c a gallon................ I could do Sydney to Melb and back with a burger each way for $25.............. now I can't even see the border.

We're flying in 2 1/2 weeks and im already not sleeping.

I wonder what sort of accent your pilot will have.................................:boink::behindsofa:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Yes, and its extraordinary you know that yet the Princess showed me the video of the China Eastern Air's 737 missile doing a vertical double pike into the Guangxi mountains a few days back.

Jetstar dont have 737s

she hasn't increased your life insurance recently has she :bolt:

Reactions: Crusty181

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Yes, and its extraordinary you know that yet the Princess showed me the video of the China Eastern Air's 737 missile doing a vertical double pike into the Guangxi mountains a few days back.

Jetstar dont have 737s

ahh just over 2 weeks and we are away cant wait

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My daughter in law flew in to Brissie to see her daughter and promptly got stuck in a Covid Nesting site, lol,lol,lol.... she was not happy....

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
My daughter in law flew in to Brissie to see her daughter and promptly got stuck in a Covid Nesting site, lol,lol,lol.... she was not happy....
Yeah!!! Plenty of Covid around here at the moment. Unless you like the idea of shacking up with the relatives or very good friends etc, then don't visit them or anyone. It could be a "week in hell" if you find yourself locked in with the positive Covids especially the kids who are spreading it the most!!

Reactions: Drover