Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
More and more way to many things in life that are left to others, while sitting back hoping the results will be ok will almost always end in tears. Step up, roll up the sleeves and dive in ... you may just find that longing for better loaf in a distant Frog village will be relegated as you shove a frankfurter into a home made sourdough hotdog roll

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Here's an oppurtunity , Quorn Caravan Park is up for sale.................... nice part of SA.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Up at 5am this morning to get the bread on. Streaming hot, straight out of the camp oven. Tastes just like Frog bread, just a little lighter on the arrogance. Ha

20210926_083519.jpg

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Up at 5am this morning to get the bread on. Streaming hot, straight out of the camp oven. Tastes just like Frog bread, just a little lighter on the arrogance. Ha

View attachment 67515
Hi @Crusty181,
nice looking loaf. It would be nice to compare recipes and the taste some day.

I bake mine in the oven in an upturned round Pyrex dish. I tried using a camp oven in our oven at home but it was difficult to get the dough into the bottom. We have a small camp oven so there is not much room for error to avoid burning your hands. I have now seen on youtube where someone cut some baking paper up so you can use it to lower the dough nicely into the oven.

take care
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @Crusty181,
nice looking loaf. I would be nice to compare recipes and the taste some day.

I bake mine in the oven in an upturned round Pyrex dish. I tried using a camp oven in our oven at home but it was difficult to get the dough into the bottom. We have a small camp oven so there is not much room for error to avoid burning your hands. I have now seen on youtube where someone cut some baking paper up so you can use it to lower the dough nicely into the oven.

take care
Mike
I keep an eye out on market place for a flip'able casserole dish for my bread. There's alway plenty around, just need one local. I keep a starter going, but the results are slightly short of world class ... my excuse is if it was easy, why bother. I only do the ocassional loaf at home, mostly camping. Once upon a time it was every week with buns, loafs, sticks, cobs, scrolls. Still enjoy it. Fresh bread and fresh ground proper coffee ... nice way to start a day.

Once this madness is done we'll have a play date

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well Good Afternoon all,
The rain stopped at home at 0830, 14mm, the Jeeperific and Big Mal rolled out the gate at 0900, dodged the storms along the big 155km drive.......... I needed to give the Soot Oven a good burn and towing Big Mal does just that ..................... Diesel is around the $152/lt mark................ and the radar shows the storms rolling around are going to miss us, while I don't want to be in one a gentle hit on my awning would help to cut the costs on replacing it......

IMG_20211012_132624_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211012_143644_HDR.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Well Good Afternoon all,
The rain stopped at home at 0830, 14mm, the Jeeperific and Big Mal rolled out the gate at 0900, dodged the storms along the big 155km drive.......... I needed to give the Soot Oven a good burn and towing Big Mal does just that ..................... Diesel is around the $152/lt mark................ and the radar shows the storms rolling around are going to miss us, while I don't want to be in one a gentle hit on my awning would help to cut the costs on replacing it......

View attachment 67608

View attachment 67609
This is me driving home from work ... similar to you really

Screenshot_20211012-200424_Maps.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep .... the W word. Up at 4am this morning, home at 6.30pm.

Oh !!! I still remember them well. might have to go back to the hypnotist for some more therapy... though 6.30pm was a good day as I must have got off early or told them stuff it Im going home.

Reactions: Disco Duck

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
A working day from 4am to 6:30pm. You are lucky..., In my working life, that was luxury!
In my early career, I owned three businesses: Retail electronics: 5 days a week plus late night shopping on Thursday, and Saturday morning. Sound and lighting and disco hire: 6pm to sometimes around 3am probably at least three times week, Sunday picking up the discos. Then ran the Wholesale electronics in whatever hours that were left.

Reminds me of The Four Yorkshiremen - Monty Python

take care
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Good Afternoon and what a great day, packed up the rig this morning had a little drive, set up rig, found the clip that holds the awning arm in position has gone walking, that little stainless spring latch thingy, so we rocked into the nearby big smoke, 30 mins away to check out a van shop, eureka they had one I also spied a pair of WDH spring bar trunnions which are on my shopping list as one of mine has flogged out the bit where the bar fits................................. How much I ask, hows $45 came the reply so I bought both of them, they go for $90 - $110 each at places I've seen, saved hundreds of dollars as they are not common and to buy a new bar is like $300 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all in all a nice day and I refuelled at $149.7 while all around the place here seems to be in the $1.57 range or more........ even saw a BP at $1.67............

trunnion.jpg Trunnion ........................... with bar ..... bar.jpg

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Good Afternoon and what a great day, packed up the rig this morning had a little drive, set up rig, found the clip that holds the awning arm in position has gone walking, that little stainless spring latch thingy, so we rocked into the nearby big smoke, 30 mins away to check out a van shop, eureka they had one I also spied a pair of WDH spring bar trunnions which are on my shopping list as one of mine has flogged out the bit where the bar fits................................. How much I ask, hows $45 came the reply so I bought both of them, they go for $90 - $110 each at places I've seen, saved hundreds of dollars as they are not common and to buy a new bar is like $300 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all in all a nice day and I refuelled at $149.7 while all around the place here seems to be in the $1.57 range or more........ even saw a BP at $1.67............

View attachment 67641 Trunnion ........................... with bar ..... View attachment 67642
Nice @Drover If it makes you feel any better I've got 2 here you can have for free lol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Saw this not a bad van like the name it's called Mad Max .....63 grand I think not bad different to what we are used to inside it's made for more outside living I'd reckon don't like the awning everything else is OK 2300 tare 3000 ATM 260 on the ball not sure loaded up probably 300 odd pretty full on van with its bar system the 75 litre I think fridge freezer in front boot comes with the van no fridge Inside 2 100amphr lithium battery 600watt solar on roof toilet shower combo small cooker inside van as well and sink I'd like to see a boat on it
Jayco had a prototype at one of the shows that looked a lot like that, it was full off drawers inside and oddly about 5'10" high inside. @davemc would remember, we chatted about it.