Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Lest We Forget ....... Our whole street was out, Last Post Sounded over a speaker system a truly memorable event......

20200425_075312.jpg
20200425_063141.jpg

Last edited:

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Lest We Forget
Was very disappointing with the turnout around my area. Saw no one else (apart from a random person walking)
It should have been marketed and advertised sooooo much better, but alas, it was still great to see people getting out in photos on Facebook and Instagram.
anzacday2020.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
A local did a letter drop about it last week asking folk and later this morning we had kids door knocking to present home baked Anzac Biscuits to folk, there are flags flying and poppies on a lot of letter boxes....Lots of old service people here....
(Havent seen pink elephants so only Anzac Bikkie ingredients)

Reactions: Brente1982

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I was out in the dark street with about 5 others could hear the last post from people's tvs it was good was nice to see a few of us out
Least we forget
There were quite a few candle lit driveway vigils pre-dawn in our burb this morning.

The Victorians will hate you now being in shorts this early lol have a good day mate
Fear not, geographical location is irrelevant. I havent worn grown up pants for many many years, in fact id have to check ive even got any.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I actually wore jeans for the first time in ages. Our cul de sac was quite well lined with adults and a few kids and at the end where we live almost everyone was out. After the ceremony and the “illegal“ fly past of a Spitfre and a Mustang, everyone stood around for an hour or so chatting (social distancing of course). A really good morning.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I wonder if Anna's drop kicks will go and fine the pilots of the Warbirds ????? Allow 80+ people go to a funeral, get haircuts, let kids back to school, get physio yet fine 2 blokes who in no way would be a virus contamination threat, election in OCT and lots of people would remember something like that......... inconsistency really gives me the it's ..................
Other wise an ANZAC Day to remember ........................

You wore jeans because things were biting you Paul ??? or didn't want to scare small children with those knee's ?????

and at the going down of the sun, I remember my Dad and all the other folk.................................. its sunset, time to take down my ANF and ensigns.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
You wore jeans because things were biting you Paul ??? or didn't want to scare small children with those knee's ?????
Both of the above. :D:D
Mate, if those guys were to be fined I would be one of the first to kick in to cover the cost. What it meant to see those two flying over, even just for a few seconds, made ANZAC day more memorable, maybe even more so by the two of them basically offering the typical Aussie salute of “up the establishment”.
My flag came down just before sunset too.

Reactions: Drover

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Why would the be fined though? Was there something in the media up there about them flying around? There would be a massive uproar if, on Anzac Day, vintage war planes doing a flyby was outlawed.

And good to see people abiding by the ANF rules. I fear a lot of people don't actually know them.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I agree with you 110% Paul, I would chip in a few $$$ for sure ...........................in fact I don't think it would come to such a politically dangerous situation, I know the Aviation community is pretty big and they are not happy going by the aviation sites I follow.

@Brente1982 , the fellas asked her majesty if they could do the flyovers as they have been doing for some 15 - 20 yrs and the Chief Health Officer said No but they went anyway, blind freddie could see 2 single seat aircraft would be harmless, no crowds as its dawn, 20 sec of view................. and Yep my ANF was flying higher than the 2 ensigns which I shouldn't have been flying or so I have been told for many years...lol,lol,lol....

Reactions: chartrock

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I agree with you 110% Paul, I would chip in a few $$$ for sure ...........................in fact I don't think it would come to such a politically dangerous situation, I know the Aviation community is pretty big and they are not happy going by the aviation sites I follow.

@Brente1982 , the fellas asked her majesty if they could do the flyovers as they have been doing for some 15 - 20 yrs and the Chief Health Officer said No but they went anyway, blind freddie could see 2 single seat aircraft would be harmless, no crowds as its dawn, 20 sec of view................. and Yep my ANF was flying higher than the 2 ensigns which I shouldn't have been flying or so I have been told for many years...lol,lol,lol....
I suspect the protocols dont really apply to most of Australian flags flapping about in burbs. 99% of them are made in China, and purchased by the 1 day patriots from the local Woolies supermarkets the morning before the scheduled temporary display of pride

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mines an Ebay job, chinese of course but thems the breaks, I just can't afford a proper stitched bit of bunting...... I'm a great believer in never letting it drag in the dirt, never repair and never ever burn it......................and the sooner one of them is flying from Big Mal by The Gwydir/ Balonne/Cooper/Murray the happier I'll be......................

Going to be some nice grassy areas by the rivers since they will have had weeks/months to recover, no mongrel black camp fire ash laying around will be a bonus to enjoy as well.........should be plenty of fish in the creeks as well since its been banned everywhere........

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The silly old ex copper across the road thinks he’s patriotic and leaves his flag up 24/7 until it’s in tatters you would think he should know because he’s an expert on everything else

I will see if I can find the Directions on how to fly the ANF and post them to him

Reactions: Brente1982

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Mines an Ebay job, chinese of course but thems the breaks, I just can't afford a proper stitched bit of bunting...... I'm a great believer in never letting it drag in the dirt, never repair and never ever burn it......................and the sooner one of them is flying from Big Mal by The Gwydir/ Balonne/Cooper/Murray the happier I'll be......................

Going to be some nice grassy areas by the rivers since they will have had weeks/months to recover, no mongrel black camp fire ash laying around will be a bonus to enjoy as well.........should be plenty of fish in the creeks as well since its been banned everywhere........
Gotta say that surprised the $hat out of me. Chinese Aussie flags and supermarket trinkets are one of my many pet hates. We got serious malfunction going on if we cant even rustle up enough patriotism to find and fly flags made here. Ive got many sizes and varieties of premium quality woven Aussie flags up to 6 x 3ft. I'll find you an Australian made 6x3 Australian flag and post it to you. (as for not burning the Chinese patriotic import, knock yourself out I say, its desecrated trash anyway. When there's a stiff Sth Easterly, douse it in good diesel/petrol mix set it alight and send the toxic fumes back where they belong)