Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
It's not just the flower show that's increased quietly @Crusty181. Transurban/citylink/linkt, whatever they're called, also went about their 6 months fee increase to travel on Melbourne's major freeway. Damn don't we love being ****** up the proverbial. One thing Victoria does have over NSW is cheaper rego, not just for vehicle, but massively on trailers of all types.
Don't get me started on the road projects. Lots of murmurings about this western link or whatever it is called. Is there really asbestos in the soil or is there simply no money in the governments bank account?

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey @mikerezny you would love it up here, people flock to the closed beach and walk away but some poor bugga goes to the tip and gets fined for non essential travel........................... Victorian madness is contagious as well.............. damn look at the time, I better get my mower out, 2 weekly highlights today put the bin out and mow the lawn, thats my week done..................
Reading btw the lines it appears that the greater majority of the Covid 19 fines handed out in Mexico are to the nongs that are having rowdy house parties, or playing team sports on open suburban sports grounds.

Id have even less faith in the local coppers if when Dumbo Andrews order them to start throwing out the fines for vague, misleading and ever changing activities, the coppers didnt demand in writing that the Govt cover the court case acquittal costs and not the police budget .... because Im tipping there will be a few contests, reversals and some significant costs attached.

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
That's a dumb website. What you need to understand is the police are essentially doing the best they can and have to in most cases interpret the rules as best they can

I'm sure there will be an abundance of overturned fines, but at the end of the day, the reasons for leaving your house in Victoria are pretty clear.
If you need to drive somewhere to exercise, then I'd class that as non essential travel if it was me.
Driving somewhere to go for a bush walk definitely isn't essential. Stay home. It's as simple as it gets.

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
First job done brought school desk in from outside its been waiting for me to finnish painting it 4 years i still havent finnished the tops the rest of it looks good i had new tops cut for it i will finnish it one day right now its ready for home schooling
View attachment 64864

We have a running track here called the Tan around the botanical gardens comming home from work 100s running and walking around it we are a glass half full thats for sure
I have a desk like that but it is falling apart and in need of some love

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Morming all especially @Drover you old sea dog arrrrrr oh hang thats pirates it will do yo ho ho and a bottel of rum tighten the main sail wash the decks arrrr me hearty
I mite have asked you before but i dug this up near the Yarra river very close to it 8 meters down near full stick down on the big digger under a 500mm slab been there many years with buildings on top of it .... its got to be very old we where proof digging for the pilers making sure nothing was in the ground before drilling ....
Maybe from the front of of a ship where the ankor rope passes through the ship ??????? Or would you say on a whalf to tie up ????? Dont evan know what its called a capstan ??? What you reckon and everyone else in the brains trust
Its 400 mm at widest at the bottom around 300mm high ....very heavy
Hope it could be off the first style of metal ships maybe like the Pollywoodside here in town locked on the yarra by bridges till it sinks through lack of care no numbers or marks that i can see on it
View attachment 64904View attachment 64905
My guess would have been a stationary berth capstan, but bolt down holes would only promote rope damage .... so no clue

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Like Crusty I thought a Capstan or Windlass drum but no, nor could it be the section the rum hangs off, no bearing surface for shaft, then I thought of a base for a gas light post but nah looks too Hd even for those times so with careful consideration and not having a size guide I wonder if its a train buffer, the bumper bit on a Loco or at the stop butt, hevy enough for an old stem loco bit big for a carriage and they did have heaps of them plying the wharves.......... Or could be a base mount for some big heavy thing like a boiler or something.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Wouldn't be a bollard or to do with tying up ship methinks, those bolt holes would be in the way plus bollards are usually a dual mount but a train it certainly would accomodate a buffer of some description, I'll ask a mate who's a railway nut.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That sounds good, I like steam train places pity its in the big smoke, another place to visit when I go to Point Cook and Tyab for a plane fix..... How wide and high is this thing anyway Blue Dog. It has me intrigued.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Fantastic stuff bluey, I really liked that plane when you showed it earlier, could be pewter, keep it dry....might add your place to my visit list...emailed the pics to my mate so we may know for sure....just had another look at your OP I missed tge measurements, doh, I shouldn't use my phone, small screen, fat fingers.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Fantastic stuff bluey, I really liked that plane when you showed it earlier, could be pewter, keep it dry....might add your place to my visit list...emailed the pics to my mate so we may know for sure....just had another look at your OP I missed tge measurements, doh, I shouldn't use my phone, small screen, fat fingers.
I thought youd like the war ship pitchure the best got heaps of old stuff laying around but i love it when dig something good like that plane did you see marking on the wing

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Picked up my new second hand rims and tyres from point cook 8 mins from here what can i say most impressed any closer to brand new and thay would still be in the car yard not a mark on them tyres like new pick up new wheel nuts from bursons friday after work 50 bucks for 20 ive looked around not easy to find thats a great price second hand toyota ones 200 or more but toyota dont make bolts they get them from a bolt place like i did Speco they supply to bursons there in morrabin nice to get aussie made stuff
20200415_081145.jpg20200415_081209.jpg

Reactions: chartrock and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hey @Bluey, my mate got back to me and says it certainly looks like a Loco or rolling stock buffer, river banks or wharves were common places for dumping items or just lost in accidents as rolling stock would sometimes get knocked off wharves.

I would make up a nice leather cushion bit to fit on top..........

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Righto some old stuff for you @Drover
All my bottles ive dug up some may be worth heaps my best find 1820 french champagne bottle 1820 that went straight to the govenment on an archeological dig
An old kids toy air plane made out of dont know i hope puter ??? Mite be led but dont think so
A face from a building
And a news paper middel page marking the surrender of the german fleet to the brittish
Led by a minnow hms cardiff leading the german fleet Seydlitz then Moltke....Hindenburg ...Derfflinger ... Von Der Tran ....Friedrich der Grosse
and so on it says drawn by Norman Wilkinson who was preasent on the occasion
In the very back ground are the ships from the brittish fleet behind the first one not bad pick up 2 bucks at a market
With a wright up a about it on the bottom of the page great read
View attachment 64908View attachment 64909View attachment 64910View attachment 64911View attachment 64912View attachment 64913View attachment 64914View attachment 64915View attachment 64916View attachment 64917
@Bluey the airplane looks to be a DC3 model. The marking on the wing is a RAAF roundell. These type of toys were around during WW2 and had lead in the alloy.
Looking at the corrosion it could be lead oxide.
We all played with toys like this back then, probably sucked on them too. Could explain my brain fades!!
The Japs never won the dog fights!

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Not sure why you're ranting Mike.

Would love to see you rant if you had the alternative.

There is simply nothing to like about Ardern. I have plenty of family in NZ and they all cant stand her.

Get used to the restrictions, we haven't even hit winter yet. Lift them too early and the thing spirals out of control again.

Quoting the ABC. You'd be better off with an article from The Betoota Advocate i think.

And as for businesses staying open. Something has to generate money, and they are businesses that choose to stay open whilst maintaining strict social distancing procedures. I'm a tradie and work on construction sites. Social distancing doesn't really work there, but we'd be the last industry to shut down. I have mixed feelings, as do a lot of people. But I'm certainly not whinging and sooking about it like a lot of other people.

"oh poor me i cant go caravaning" "poor me my life is ruined i cant go fishing". They're the selfish attitudes that will keep the restrictions in place for much much longer.

You also need to stop referncing that ridiculous website, which is probably funded by the gronk group Get-Up

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If one is stuck in a City, reads the papers or on line news then its all doom and gloom, I find half the stuff I read is a beat up or not really all the facts anyway so basically ignore the stories and while I have the digital Courier mail, I do skip a lot of the stuff as its just rubbish.
Anyone who takes notice of a politician has a problem, our dear Anna The Plank said we could be looking at 30,000 people getting this lurgy, she didn't do the maths at all before she blurted out the story............. I reckon the coppers are doing a good job, guided by political drop kicks if you don't like it don't vote the idiots back in..................... I can't go shooting or travelling but I will do some serious catch up when I can.

Reactions: BJM