Golden Gadget Award - My 3 in 1 invention - TV Aerial - 12 Volt & Tap Shower

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi People.

Well I`m nominating myself for the "Golden Gadget Award" this week.

I`m proud to announce that I haven`t mowed the lawn, washed the car, cleaned the house or any of the other much needed chores around the house. instead, I`ve been creating my 3 in 1 exterior gadget known as the High Definition Shower Receiver.

When I bought my van it came with a jerry can bracket on the front draw bar.

By buying and extendable tent pole, I simply drilled a few holes and inserted a few bolts with wing nuts securely to my jerry can holder. After buying a good tv aerial, I realised that i could easily attach and extend my aerial above the roof height of my van. The outcome, very good tv reception and a quick and easy 1 minute aerial setup.

View attachment 7109

Note:- The aerial actually extends another 5 feet higher.

The next step was to get a 12 volt shower. I bought one from BCF yesterday {on special for $19.95}

View attachment 7113

, I already had the jerry can, but they were also for sale at BCF {20 Litre was $30}{10 Litre was $20} {5Litre was $15}. I have the 20 Litre version which I love because I can have a really long shower.

View attachment 7110

By fitting a second 12 volt plug under the front boot of the car I could easily plug the shower in at the front, drop the shower bilge into the jerry can without having to take it off and carry it anywhere, and then pop my shower tent up beside my draw bar.

View attachment 7111View attachment 7112

The final outcome was a success. At the end of the day I was able to have a warm shower {because the jerry can was in the sun all day} at the front of my house in my little shower tent. The neighbours probably think I`m a weirdo, and my wife finds me very embarrassing but I`m happy with the outcome.

I love the idea of being able to have a nice warm shower when we`re out in the middle of nowhere without power and water.

What do you guys think of my new invention?

Is it wrong to spend all day tinkering with the expanda???

Kind Regards
Coastrunner.

View attachment 7114

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
See pics attached below.

photo-1.JPGphoto-2.JPGphoto-3.JPGphoto-4.JPGphoto-5.JPGphoto-6.JPGphoto-7.JPGphoto.JPG

By the way. When I installed the 12 Volt plug under the front boot, I simply ran a second set of wires from the other 12v plug at the back of the annexe side of the van.

The whole idea was to avoid having to lift the 20 Litre Jerry can from the front of the draw bar.

By having the 12 Volt plug near the jerry can meant I had the water and the power together. The TV aerial became a shower head holder by chance. I actually like to hold the shower head in hand but the stand is there if I want.

Oh yeh, the 3rd part of my 3 in 1 gadget wasn`t shown in the pics.

It`s simply cutting a short piece of hose, attaching it to my pre existing tap on the draw bar, clicking in a shower rose and also attaching it to the antena pole. This is good in parks where water is onsite. Good to wash sane off after days on beach.

Cheers People.

Have a great Easter.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Nice work, CR. My wife would think I was nuts too but what the heck. I have no doubt your wife will use it as well when the time comes. :hug:

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
I have similar TV antenna for the camper trailer.
The netting died on the kids trampoline and the poles for the netting pull apart so I clamped TV antenna to 1 and join them together to get the height that I want and. They sit inside the round trailer plug holder on the draw bar....still had to mow the lawns so that's as far as I got

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
Great use of spare time Coastrunner looks the goods and I'm sure many people here will copy that design

Regards

Rob Marama