GnJMac's new 14.44-4 - well almost!

GnJMac

Mar 8, 2012
Port Hedland
Yay. We have placed the order for our 14.44-4 OB and can't wait.

We have requested the following options:
150 ltr fridge (Microwave relocated to under grill)
Extend lower bunk by 7 inches (i.e remove storage from one end) as we have a tall teenager.
Gas bayonet to rear of van to accommodate our baby Weber Q.
Solar provision
External shower and HWS.
Also inc a/c and carefree awning.

Any other suggestions are welcomed as we have not received final plans for sign off.

Bring on July 20th - this is the ETA.

Thanks to Moto Moto for his posts and help throughout this process.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Well done G&J.

Good to see more 14 footers joining the club.

The only other suggestions I have would be 2 x 12 Volt sockets near kitchen bench. I`ve got these to charge mobile phones, run a 12 volt tv and 12 volt tv booster. So it`s pretty handy to have these inside the van. I`d probably get 2 additional 240V power points as well. It`s nice not having to keep unplugging items to use others. TV`s, kettles, toasters, laptops, phone chargers, kids ipods etc all come away on holidays with us so it`s good to have the additional power points.

Hey, have a look at my latest mod below. Perhaps get a 12 Volt plug at the front of van if you think you may do the same.

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/sh...-1-invention-TV-Aerial-12-Volt-amp-Tap-Shower

Enjoy your new van.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Congratulations and welcome G&J. Love seeing another 14 footer on the forum. As Coastrunner says, you can never have too many power outlets. Roll on July. :whip:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
:welcome: GnJMac thats a good idea to remove the storage to make the bunks longer :thumb:
What do they do for the mattress do they use one from a different mdl? Maybe a 17''?

GnJMac

Mar 8, 2012
Port Hedland
:welcome: GnJMac thats a good idea to remove the storage to make the bunks longer :thumb:
What do they do for the mattress do they use one from a different mdl? Maybe a 17''?

Thanks, we were very happy that Jayco would do it - they are just going to use a standard mattress but add a small bolster type infill bit at the end. Should be a snug fit so all good. Instead of a 6 foot mattress we will end up with 6 foot 7 inches.

The bunks in the 14.44-4 are quite roomy width wise so with the extra length they will be perfect for us. There will still be storage at one end for IPods, phones etc.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Great news GnJMac, glad you were able to get the longer bunk.

Hope you love yours as much as we love ours, we free camped for 4 days over Easter and the 14.44-4 was everything we needed and more. Talk about 'Glamping', you'll love it! :thumb:

GnJMac

Mar 8, 2012
Port Hedland
Great news GnJMac, glad you were able to get the longer bunk.

Hope you love yours as much as we love ours, we free camped for 4 days over Easter and the 14.44-4 was everything we needed and more. Talk about 'Glamping', you'll love it! :thumb:

Lucky you, we are very envious. We spent the Easter weekend at Eighty Mile beach in a tent! Bring on the Expanda :)

shane

Jun 19, 2011
perth w.a
hi i know you are going to love it as we do, the two things that i have add was an out side fold down table and the cubed next to the fridge we took the diver out and made 4 big shelves, and we got the 150 litter fridge and didn't put the microwave in as can only use on 240v as we free camp with only solar, and two 130 amp battery s your love it

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I also got Jayco to change our fridge door to swing towards the dinette, not the middle of the kitchen. No a big deal, but uses the kitchen space better.

kyoshofw05

Oct 1, 2011
Hillside 3037
Great choice GnJMac, dont know if you will but l use them, the extras that l got with mine are: drop down side table, external tv antenna point under table, inner spring mattress is pretty good. Check em out.
l think its the best model for size
we love it
Good luck.

GnJMac

Mar 8, 2012
Port Hedland
Thanks for all your suggestions guys - we are constantly adding to the list. We also believe the 14.44-4 is a fantastic model. Jayco have packed a lot of van into a small space which is great.

GnJMac

Mar 8, 2012
Port Hedland
Yay, have just got an email from Jayco advising that our new toy has arrived :biggrin:. We drive down to Perth on Friday so hopefully can pick up on Saturday. That will give us a week to play with it before dragging it 1600km home.

So excited. :cheer2: