Getting water into the tanks

RidgePanda

Mar 5, 2013
Barden Ridge
Ok, I fell like a complete gumby posting this, but I have searched, web sourced, forum searched and cant find an answer..........so excuse my naivety but here goes.....

The 16.49 3B OB has 2 tanks, as we all know. Filling them from the water hose off the garden tap, mine has really tight clip on fittings I am just not keen to undo as you know they are never as good as when first put on, but the hose with fitting doesn't fit into the holes the either side of the town water fitting.

Am I just being a gumby or is there something I can buy that will fit into "the oversize for a connection but undersized for the connection to fit in" holes provided by Jayco?

Sorry if this is really simple but short of standing while it fills.........I am stumped

:help:

Greg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Put a connecting joiner into the tight fitting connector on the original hose.

Make a short length of hose with another connector to link the 2 and fill the tank this way. I hope this makes sense?

RidgePanda

Mar 5, 2013
Barden Ridge
It does but I thought using a normal hose wasnt good for the water........or the family, i could slip into bunnings an cut a length of drinking water hose :D

Thanks BTW!

crystal674

Jun 17, 2011
Benaraby Qld
We have a designated food grade water hose that we keep with fittings on only one end to fill the water tanks.

We keep it at home separate from the all our other hoses.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I just clip on one of these.
image.jpg

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Same as crystal674 I just bought another drinking water hose from the camping show that stays in the shed Click fitting on one end and nothing on the other saves me having to drag one out of the van each time I want to fill

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Actually, I dont mind standing there and holding the hose! :)

I must say though, I like skippy 's idea. It's like something off that Tim Allen show (Home improvement?) where he does stuff like put a V8 on the washing machine to make it faster!
Awesome!

RidgePanda

Mar 5, 2013
Barden Ridge
Thanks for all the replies have been missing for a few days on the road for work so voyering rather than participating!

And yes Cruza, only one join, I actually hadn't thought that one through, but I do like Skips idea off to Bunnings to construct.

I don't fell like such a gumby seems everyone has had to think about this at some stage - appreciate all the comments