17' Series gas fridge

who on here does use the gas on there fridge in there 17,56,2

• Total voters

rcf

Jun 15, 2014
Gladstone Qld
Just want to see how many people who use gas to run there fridge, was thinking of disconnecting the gas, so we can get a full annexe, i would rather have a full annexe than to run a gas fridge,plus there is the option of a generator or solar.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
You might find that just "disconnecting" the gas may not be enough to convince an annex installer, as you could always reconnect it.

Reactions: Bmhdg76

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
I think you will find unless you show it as being 12/240 only (i.e. Waeco or Engel) they won't do it. Ultimately it is their gas licence, insurance and ass on the line.

BJ

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
12V when free camping would be hefty! You would need a massive battery to keep it running during the night, and a massive panel or generator to run it and charge battery through the day.

The 12V circuit also has no thermostat and draws around 15A constant!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Gas when free camping and at home to test it, 240v at caravan parks and 12v from the car when travelling!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
@rcf , do you have a poptop or a full van? If you have a full van you could maybe run the flue off the fridge vertically through the roof.

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
I am reading many posts regarding this annex problem, however my dealer in Adelaide has said it is only jayco who have made this blanket rule. He put me on to their adelaide annex dealer who said it is not a problem getting an annex fitted to my 1756 2 van so long as there is a warning saying not to use the annex when the gas is on and i sign something to say i understand this. I pick up the caravan this Monday, the annex people rang me yesterday to say it had all been fitted and is ready.

Reactions: rcf

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
We getting the 17:56-2 as well. Hubby said we will just use has when we are free camping. Anyone else doing the same?

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
We are doing the same. it was suggested we get the scenic windows on front side and back of annex in case we do decide to have annex up whole fridge is on gas for ventilation. Sounds like a good idea to me as it still encloses an area but has adequate ventilation.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Yep. I only use gas on my fridge when free camping.
Although I don't have an annexe so it doesn't really bother me at this stage.

Stephen Galvin

May 20, 2014
Warnbro WA
I am a bit confused by all this no annex crap because of the gas outlet!! I have gas heaters in my house you can buy them anywhere and who says my house has an adequate opening? My Stove is gas? I dont leave a window or door open when I cook. And if the annex had some small mesh openings in it whats the issue there? hard to really make an annex air tight anyway. Sounds to me like a desk junky forgot his pills one day:hippie:. Sorry just seems a bit dumb just put vents in it Easy. Sorry for rant :):):frusty:

fishinglizard

Nov 4, 2012
West of Sydney East of Lithgow
You don't live in victoria then, un flued gas heaters are not allowed. I have two lpg non flued gas heaters in my house. I mainly use slow combustion wood heater but the gas doe the shoulder season and is easier. I am still kicking.