Funny, Dodgy photos.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Here's a fairy tale that could never happen. The dealer (who's never owned or towed any form of trailer in his life) three years ago heard the ar$e end of part of a passing conversation between two real caravanners about not having the nose of the van too high. He made this info his own, he owned it, and he passed it with great enthusiasm and confidence to any newby buyer of caravans .... this particular newby was last heard asking "are you sure mate", to which the dealer yelled "yes mate, i know about this stuff I sell caravans"
A bit like the boss at Where we bought our Jayco. He was fitting the WDH to our car and had the bars 50mm off the road I told him to rotate the hitch forward to bring the bars up he said no it needs to be level. I asked how would I go pulling into a servo they would drag on the ground he told me I would have to take them off first. IDIOT.

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
A bit like the boss at Where we bought our Jayco. He was fitting the WDH to our car and had the bars 50mm off the road I told him to rotate the hitch forward to bring the bars up he said no it needs to be level. I asked how would I go pulling into a servo they would drag on the ground he told me I would have to take them off first. IDIOT.
My handover guy did his expert caravan training at a frozen vegetable factory. I ended up like a monkey born into captivity, only to be later thrown in the jungle. I had to un-learn a whole heap of random madness (like bananas don't come in a shopping bags kinda stuff) before I could be reprogrammed with the facts.

Reactions: Tone

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Here's a fairy tale that could never happen. The dealer (who's never owned or towed any form of trailer in his life) three years ago heard the ar$e end of part of a passing conversation between two real caravanners about not having the nose of the van too high. He made this info his own, he owned it, and he passed it with great enthusiasm and confidence to any newby buyer of caravans .... this particular newby was last heard asking "are you sure mate", to which the dealer yelled "yes mate, i know about this stuff I sell caravans"
When did you sell caravans @Crusty181 ? :behindsofa:

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
71C6C888-FC60-48B0-9164-6CDAF2327C4E.jpeg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Not one person stopped with an extinguisher ? I would have had legs down, pulled the pin and hoped someone could drag the barbie away from rig.....that's after I'd emptied my extinguisher under the bonnet......all this sound proofing and pollution crap makes for a good bonfire........ Had a truck engine turn to barbie mode, didn't worry but the 5,000lts of AVTUR left in tanker did worry me a bit.....fire extinguishers work..

Reactions: Bluey

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
It appears he was atempting to lower the landing legs but they seemed to come down assymetrically, and not all the way.
The truck would have rolled away from the rig if he had pulled the pin and lowered the legs.
Avtur spills down the drains with ignition source causes one of your Kablooies, fire pops up everywhere you wouldn't expect.
Very spectacular!!