17' Series Fridge service/repair Mt Gambier?

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
The old 14.44 taught me lots about these fridges as it had no baffle fitted, at the back of fridge cable runs into the cupboards where wide open so when you ran the fridge hot air flowed into the cupboards on either side as well into the cavity on top of fridge and it was an efficient food warmer, some roof insulation from house and a can of foam soon had it sealed up and a bit of tin made up a nice baffle to deflect air out the top vent, then we did the Mk1 fan set up, I would hate to try and remove that fridge though, foam around the edges wasn't one of my greatest ideas, when I finished it I went "Oh, Oh" I shouldn't have done that !:oops:, later mods on other fridges has been with some batts roled into a sausage and pushed into the gap...... or stapled to the wall so when you push the fridge back in it rolls and expands to create a good seal, just fittting a flat piece won't give a good full seal....on the floor a bead of silastic let to dry before pushing the fridge back in place seems to make a nice dust seal at the bottom as well...

The O2 was just a whiff, not high enough concentration...... you can test the unit tough..
Your chemistry lessons are slipping @Drover . The correct chemical symbol for carbon monoxide is CO. O2 is the good stuff and stands for oxygen. We must have a drink together sometime and discuss the chemical symbols for alcohol!!

• Haha
Reactions: Drover