Fridge Light

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Has anyone fitted a light to their fridge?

I'm thinking about fitting a light to my 150L fridge, do they make a retrofittable kit or any ideas on custom fittings?

Cheers,

Drewy

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Ikea have small lights that come on when you open the door, we put some in the cupboard and one in the fridge, $3 each I think and the battery's last ages.

image0028.jpg image0029.jpg image0030.jpg

bully66672

Jun 30, 2011
Melbourne
I got a led unit with 3 led lights from Bunnings. Has double sided tape and you push on/ off.
Works great and batteries last years.

Cheers

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Thanks all, a stick on sensor led light should do the job perfectly! I might get 12 of the eBay lights, the engel and numerous other spots could also do with them!

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
Wow, I thought we were the only ones who were missing the man in the fridge. Being so used to having Waeco fridges with the little guy switching on the light every time we lifted the lid, it was a real shock to find that our fridge was from a time before little men who switch on the light. Trust Ikea to come up with a cheap solution to this little problem.

Cheers

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
Cant get them in Bris IKEA. Looked everywhere and even asked the lights guy. Only have the long strip type ones with a battery tube on the end that are sensor ones. But they are $39. Might give them a miss and try out the fleabay ones.

Percy

Jul 20, 2012
Chatswood NSW
Frig light

Just looked as well with the part number but every time I have been to Ikea they have been there in the section where the globes, lights and batteries are. Just make sue you place them right first time as you only get one go with the sticky side.

Stomper, can you give us the part number that you used for the Ikea lights, I can't find anything like them when searching their site.

Thanks