floor plans with measurements

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
Hi

I'm looking to compare the 16.49-4 and 17.56-1, and have seen the plans on the jayco website but would like to find floor plans with the dimensions of both, so I can see dimensions of bunks and dining area etc in both

Does anyone know where I can get them from ?

Thanks

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Good luck they don't like giving out there plans unless by sign up for a new van.
:) But you have come too the right place I would say.
I am sure someone here will be able to help you out with sizes or plans.

Skip

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
anytime, I have one for a Basestation here too now :biggrin-26:

Thanks , and another query for you Bigman, as you had a 17 for a while.

Were you happy with the shower toilet setup in the poptop expanda? any issues with mould (on poptop vinyl) or condensation into living space and also use the toilet after showering such as cleanup of water, and toilet odour into living space?

We have been tossing around whether we include the shower / toilet or leave out? especially as the doorway isn't air tight and has large gaps

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
We loved it!! cleaning is easy, just wipe down with a micro fibre towel. Its actually easier with the kids showering in the 17 compared to the basestation, as you can peak over and pass them stuff or help wash hair etc. We only use the toilet when we are free camping with no facilities around. But even at a caravan park we use the shower in the van.... awesome! If you keep chemical in the toilet theres no smell, and there is a roof vent in there which you can keep open anyway (with fan built in). Hope this helps?

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
We loved it!! cleaning is easy, just wipe down with a micro fibre towel. Its actually easier with the kids showering in the 17 compared to the basestation, as you can peak over and pass them stuff or help wash hair etc. We only use the toilet when we are free camping with no facilities around. But even at a caravan park we use the shower in the van.... awesome! If you keep chemical in the toilet theres no smell, and there is a roof vent in there which you can keep open anyway (with fan built in). Hope this helps?

Sure does you have almost sold me, but no problems with mould on the poptop vinyl?

fishinglizard

Nov 4, 2012
West of Sydney East of Lithgow
we use the toilet and shower, been camping for a week so far havent been in toilet block once. It amazes me how many huge vans are here wich obviously have big ensuites, and the occupants walk past going for a shower. I personally dont see the point in paying the extra cash if your nit going to use it. And i feel like i am in a MASH episode talking to everyone whilst in the shower. No sign of mould and 10 minutes of cleaning after the showers and its done. Emptying the can is about 10 minute job, its pretty easy too. Next Van i get will have a washing machine its costing me a fortune to do the washing.

Reactions: Xpandafan

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
we use the toilet and shower, been camping for a week so far havent been in toilet block once. It amazes me how many huge vans are here wich obviously have big ensuites, and the occupants walk past going for a shower. I personally dont see the point in paying the extra cash if your nit going to use it. And i feel like i am in a MASH episode talking to everyone whilst in the shower. No sign of mould and 10 minutes of cleaning after the showers and its done. Emptying the can is about 10 minute job, its pretty easy too. Next Van i get will have a washing machine its costing me a fortune to do the washing.

Thanks for the info FL very helpful

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
G'day xpanda we also have a toilet/shower in our 16 and its had plenty of use and we have never had a mould problem as others have mentioned open the hatch and dry it out and its all good :thumb:

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
We have the 18, but the ensuite just changes the entire camping lifestyle in our van. Will never go back after having one.