17' Series Fishing rod storage ideas

Up the coast

Jul 30, 2014
Dromana, Victoria
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has some clever fishing rod storage ideas that they have designed for there van.
Im trying to come up with something neat and minimal that can carry at least a surf rod and a couple little jetty rods for the groms.

Photos would be rad.

Reactions: skippy and blacky

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
We finally got the aluminium bumper (total weight 6 kgs) back from powder coaters. Fitted straight into existing van brackets , added sticker & reflectors on. Sits 50mm higher than original so bottom is flush with bottom of van cross members. Tube is 120mm x 120mm internal with same keyed alike lock from jayco that's already on my van ( don't need more keys) anti flap poles - in they go. Just have to add self adhesive neoprene strip to internal of door to repel dust etc. if any ones curious - the two tabs on rear have a hole in them just to give me a tie point, and break up the long look of it. Hmmmm now for the next mod.
View attachment 24000 View attachment 24001 View attachment 23999

Slipping a few in the rear bumper with annexe rails, see above pics.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Wow! That's epic. Such a neat job. Was that expensive to do? I noticed your from the Penny, who did you use to do the Powdercoating?

Mornington, just up the road. Guy in Glendale ave Hastings did powder coating. The keyed alike lock to match one on the van to avoid more keys cost me 50. Materials, pwr coating, hinge , sticker, reflectors, everything all finished about 500. The alum use to make it was two section bend into u shape and welded together to give 120mm internal, the max I could buy as a tube was 100mm which was to small for annexe poles.

Reactions: Relle & Mark

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Wow! That's epic. Such a neat job. Was that expensive to do? I noticed your from the Penny, who did you use to do the Powdercoating?

From peninsula, maybe consider beaufort, my first expanda outing with this group as well as a few others, check out the bumper, and every one else's mods in the flesh, Good times.

Reactions: Bluey

Up the coast

Jul 30, 2014
Dromana, Victoria
Yeh thought about it but still waiting for our expanda to get finished for pick up. Pretty keen to see some crew setups especially your bumper idea.
Have fun there hopefully we can make it to the next shnanigans

Reactions: Colsar

Relle & Mark

Sep 15, 2014
South East Melbourne
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has some clever fishing rod storage ideas that they have designed for there van.
Im trying to come up with something neat and minimal that can carry at least a surf rod and a couple little jetty rods for the groms.

Photos would be rad.
Im tempted to go with something similar to colin&sues design or maybe look at putting one on the back of the camper or the a frame.I will definitely have to do something as i love me beach fishing.:)