First stop - Hello!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
well help them selves. Birds and Kangaroo's

lake-2_zpsmwtlcqhn.jpg

was it hard teaching him to hold the camera for the selfie...............?

Reactions: Drover and peterg

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Nope house still going 2 months behind contracted due date. We've just started on the inside about 1 week ago...........NOT HAPPY!!

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
What's been happening.

Last week headed down to Huskisson White Sands on Thursday back Sunday in time for work.
First night setup just put the awing out because only there for a few nights. Family in toe went for a walk beautiful place.
Cooked dinner relaxing with a few drinks whilst kids running around having fun.
Kids to bed opened lap top and watched a movie with wife whilst still enjoying a few drinks. My choice of drink is Bourbon Makers Mark.
Packed up off to sleep. I was counting sheep before head hit the pillow. Wife watching tv.
Wake up and notice outside wasn't right. Checked the bar fridge and a few drinks missing even my Makers Mark.
Wife tells me she heard something but though it sounded further away.
We told park manager and they looked at CCTV and confirmed 3 teens come in the park and stole our stuff.
This is the first time we have ever had anything stolen or happened to us whilst away.
Off to Bunnings tomorrow to find fridge lock or alarm.
Anyway this friday heading down the coast again for a week to one of our favorite places Burrill Lake.

Huskisson
20160915_174601_zpshzxfvgiz.jpg

PS - Still havent moved into the house..........SOOOOOO don't be rude off. Ill be seeking composition as the whole process with this building company has been 15month with a signed contract of 6 months.

Reactions: Delano and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Rotten thieving mongrels, when I parked my Engel outside I had it and the stand chained to van, but I had fitted a window alarm to the lid of the fridge, lift the lid and it would scream the place down, and I mean scream. These alarms can be bought in twin packs for about $10 at Bunnings and I think I did a write up in Drovers 14.44.3 thread.
This is a link to what I bought and found them to be excellant ; http://www.swann.com/au/sw351-mda
easy to fit and activate.....

Great area at Jervis Bay we used to live just out of Husky at Woollamia and still lob in there to visit friends. Thats a great pic looking out to Point Perp.

I won't report on our build other than to say we are living on site........

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just went back thru the thread and I was only thinking about your build the other week and was wondering how things were going, just couldn't recall who ????????
Burrill Lake it always damn well rains when i go there.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
PS - Still havent moved into the house..........SOOOOOO don't be rude off. Ill be seeking composition as the whole process with this building company has been 15month with a signed contract of 6 months.

apart from excuses, has there been any reason why the hold up.................?

Reactions: Drover

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Rotten thieving mongrels, when I parked my Engel outside I had it and the stand chained to van, but I had fitted a window alarm to the lid of the fridge, lift the lid and it would scream the place down, and I mean scream. These alarms can be bought in twin packs for about $10 at Bunnings and I think I did a write up in Drovers 14.44.3 thread.
This is a link to what I bought and found them to be excellant ; http://www.swann.com/au/sw351-mda
easy to fit and activate.....

Great area at Jervis Bay we used to live just out of Husky at Woollamia and still lob in there to visit friends. Thats a great pic looking out to Point Perp.

I won't report on our build other than to say we are living on site........
Thanks Drover Swann make some cool stuff old house I got a Swann CCTV loved it and wife felt safe when I was on night shift if she ever heard anything outside.
Been to Huskisson before day trip but never stay. The park is more suited for older couples not young families.

apart from excuses, has there been any reason why the hold up.................?
Nope they have been none caused by weather. I have kept a log in my phone of each day from weather and who is onsite doing what.
We have not been given any time/date adjustment of completion or adjustment to the contract.
The worst building company ever. So money hungry it's a complete joke even over $50 price diffidence.
Our Pool was meant to go in, in Feb this year and still hasn't. I told my pool guy just wait to we get the keys that way we dont have to deal with them. I just want our keys tell them what we really think, leave negative feedback and never deal with them again. I just want a house for my family.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
At husky the parks wouldn't need kids facilities like others, too much to do on the beach and surrounding area I would have thought, I'm trying not to go into Rant Mode in regards to your builders....................thankfully mine aren't at all similar, on schedule if not ahead.........but my builders 26 odd years ago I don't think were all that happy with me getting up them..............

Reactions: bigcol

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Thats true. Kids and Wife said where's the pool? I laughed and said have a look around and it's only 100m away.
I games room with pool table or table tennis would be nice for those afternoons relaxing at the van, the kids would have something else to do.

The house is costume and I get that but they should know it would take longer and adjust the contract compilation date before sending out to the clients. Ours ended in May this year.
Plus some of the work is shocking. Our concert slab is not square and in some areas have a cap more the 200mm to the brick/frame.
Slab is not level in some area also. EG front door to which the door couldn't open all the way.
Plumbing in wrong spot, bathroom cabinets wouldn't fit so had to pick new style and short.
The list just keeps going.

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Its so sad when you pay good money and get a shonky job theres only one chance at things we do get a old car rebuilt .... bye a new car .... build a house .... bye a caravan ..... i got friends do my concreating its a crap job you pay for what you get and we pay top dollar

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I would be terribly upset (apply correct words in mind ), I suppose living on site I'm sort of an overseer and having done a bit of building stuff I know what to look for.........sit back and say nothing until the last minute though, don't want to upset the fellas unless I have too................had a bit of plumbing in the wrong spot but jumped before things went bad, we had the cabinet maker come in and measure up and while they stuffed up the edge of the bathroom/ensuite/laundry bench we said leave them like that and got a snazy corner thing for the kitchen cupboards so Mrs D was happy, so all good there........I think I would get an independent engineer do a walk around with a level, say he's from the bank before handing over the final cheque.............................................

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Totally agree @Bluey it's the most we spend on any one item and when it's costume you expect top quality finishes.
I have also found the blatant disrespect by tradies for each other works and materials left to complete the job. They just dont give a don't be rude and are pigs. I'm in my mid 30's and I say bring back the old school tradies who cared and took pride in the job.

Some pics of the crap poorly workmenship.
Cut through gas line, lucky gas not connected
20160727_161657_zpsmmopsy1j.jpg

The builder and his sub contractor throwing out my air con materials still need for the return air.
20160802_083745_zpsneib0vak.jpg

Not so square slab and brick work.
bricks%20cladding-6_zps2qfmhwm4.jpg
Roof%20Scaf-16_zpsairfkze3.jpg

I have been considering seeing a lawyer for the end of build. Also I have already got a independent building inspections done before gyprock went up. inside was ok outside not so much. Will get them back at the end before final payment.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I would get inspector out asap. The work needs to be rectified at their cost before it goes too far. Trouble down the track on some of those 'mistakes' are not fixed. Not sure how you can fix dodgy brothers slab work though other than rip,it up and start again. Will bank even allow this to be accepted?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Take lots of photo's, I think I would be lawyering up and getting independent certification, check that council inspections have been carried out, it has been known for non council certifiers to sign the form but not visit or check site..............................It was 26 yrs before my old place got a Form 21, Final Inspection report and that was when I sold the place because of the dodgy builder., thankfully it passed.

Hope it does turn out okay in the end..............if my builder goes past the due date he has to cough up $$$$$ for each day over.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well enough of the dismal stuff, we have put our 2 bobs worth now to important stuff, Burrill Lake has some great places to see west of the highway, some great drives thru the hills and places back of Ulladulla as well as some interesting little places on the coast and if I could get to my old map case i could tell you but everything is in a big pile of cardboard in my shed, well actually about 5ft away from me............My time at Nowra/Husky was great and we explored areas which are closed now but were brilliant, places like Pidgeon House Mtn had way better access than now etc............pity The Shoalhaven is in NSW it's a great district.............................(and I'm a Wollongong boy originally, can't help your birth place)

We sure will have some laughs and yarns around the coffee cups when we get to have that barbie @DRW......