First stop - Hello!

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
First point of call is to say g'day to all the members..........Hello!!

We've got our Expanda just over 12 months ago and it's the best thing we've done. Tented it for many years but last year we made the change and have never and will never look back. We brought a 14.44-4 suit as to a tee because soon the kids will not want to share a bed. It has a full costume annex, roof mount Air Con.

I thank my son because he made the decision easy to upgrade after a 2am wake up feeling sick.
The rest is self explanatory. In one year only we went though two 4 person tents. A caravan was now on the cards.

We travel a lot because we're do surf life saving (NSW) and travel up and down the NSW coast. We see the best locations and meet great people even in the off season. I look forward to seeing even more of our great coast line in the years to come.

Tow vehicle is a Ford Falcon G6E Turbo. It has had some work done with 730nm torque so plenty of pulling power. I look forward to seeing some set ups and learning new stuff to help me and improve my van.

Here are some pics -

20150115_101126_zpsiitiu8vd.jpg

20150115_134502_zpsst9c1ezu.jpg

20150115_13443820-20Copy_zps04fk8blb.jpg

20140924_143505_zpso0ornyr0.jpg

thanks for looking
Happy and safe holidays
caax

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looks a great set up, the 14's are a magic unit.

Welcome to the mob and never fear to ask questions, we are a friendly mob on here.

(Old Oak Flats fella but a hell of a long time ago.)

Reactions: Marv_mart

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Thanks for welcome guys some very nice vans make me want a bigger one now.

Cool Im in Albion Park but easier to say Wollongong because most people have heard about the Gong.

There is a few things i want to do. T.V antenna looking at the Jacks digital units and extra point in the annex area. So I can watch t.v when i've put the kids to bed.
Later hoping to add solar but not in any rush.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
First point of call is to say g'day to all the members..........Hello!!

We've got our Expanda just over 12 months ago and it's the best thing we've done. Tented it for many years but last year we made the change and have never and will never look back. We brought a 14.44-4 suit as to a tee because soon the kids will not want to share a bed. It has a full costume annex, roof mount Air Con.....
caax

Hello and welcome to the 14.44 club. You will really enjoy it!
Beware tho, we love helping others spend their money on mods and such......
Cheers
Marv_Mart

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Last Wednesday I went to my not so close Jayco caravan centre (hours drives south) to get some bits and bobs.
Digital TV Antenna, Extra TV point, Fridge Element, Awning Privacy scree, water proof bed end cover and anything else that would of been good for the van.
Spent around 10min walking around the store got what i needed went to the main desk to pay and order in what had to.
Waited a further 10min at the counter 2 staff member came out had a chin wag one looked straight at me and walked away.
OK!! So i left all the stuff I got on the counter and walked out empty handed. Very disappointed in their costumer service and wasn't a happy camper. Ill do my shopping on line now.

Anyway I did spend 40min at the Jayco van yard looking through some new vans. I do like the 17.56 maybe ill look into more once my house is completed.

I would like to know what people have for TV Antenna's. We dont have one, never been an issue yet as the most parks have TV points for us.
Is there enough space inside the walls to run an extra TV point for outside Awning side?

Thanks

Last edited:

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
G'day all, Ive got myself a replacement Dometic Fridge Element yesterday as its doesn't cool when on 240v

Im wondering how do you remove the fridge? I've undone the 4 screws on the side but it just wont come out. If anyone has your useful tips would be great.

Thanks

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
G'day all, Ive got myself a replacement Dometic Fridge Element yesterday as its doesn't cool when on 240v

Im wondering how do you remove the fridge? I've undone the 4 screws on the side but it just wont come out. If anyone has your useful tips would be great.

Thanks

You should not have to
Just pop off the vent on the outside. little lugs just slide up

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Thanks @NoWorries.

There is also 2 screws at the bottom of the fridge that's from a slide plate attached to the fridge. Its these 2 slide plates that's stopping it from coming out because the motor sits behind them. >:(

Ive just took of the vent before and I have very little to no room and can't get to the top. Lucky to get my hand in there.
I just took these pics to show.

20151031_152409_zpsymr3hywq.jpg

20151031_152351_zpsysmimcnr.jpg