Finally got an Expanda

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Hey guys. Just thought I would post up that we got ourselves into an Expanda JUST before Christmas. It is a 2012 Outback 17.56-2.

It is second hand and it was built on Aug 2012 and first registered in Sept 2012, so only just over 3 months old. It was bought by a family who used it a few times and when they took it in for its first service traded on an 18ft!!!

It has -

Outback Pack
Battery
Privacy Screens
Bayonet for gas, which needs relocating!
External Water tap
Wind up Antenna with External outlet and inlet and 12V point.
Control Centre for Battery and Water tanks.

We used it for almost two weeks over Christmas and New Years and absolutely loved it. We have our setup and packup time down to about an hours and can't complain as it is a third of what the Camper Trailer took us!!!

We tow it behind our 2011 150 D4D Auto Prado GXL. It got about 16-17L/100kms and it definately knows it is there, especially if the water tanks are full. We only got home two days ago and are already looking for an excuse to go trekking again!!!

Cheers, Pete

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Welcome aboard Pete,

The 17's are growing in popularity, they are a great set up, and I know what you mean about knowing its behind you.
We had a third tank installed and we noticed the difference when towing, but a good vehicle makes all the difference.

Enjoy the life, get out there and have fun.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I cant believe someone traded a new van so quickly. Ours is august 2012 and it's 'still warm' from the coming of the factory line!

Congratulations and enjoy.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Welcome Pete from our family also, good to have another Qlder in here. We help to bring a perspective that those below the border that don't love the Maroons find a bit odd :p
Just jokes, everyone is great in here.....;)
Good pickup with the Panda, you also avoided the dreaded the 3-4 month wait.
Enjoy the forum, we do.

Jas