Finally Arrived BUT!!!!

Brock11

Feb 24, 2012
Hi Damien and Mel

The van looks great. We too have ordered a 16,49,4 due to pick up next month. Did your van come with LED lights and innerspring mattresses as standard?

Hope your issues are sorted. Our dealer also said the speakers can't be high due to cupboards but after seeing yours I think they look alright.

Mark

Damien & Mel

Oct 26, 2011
Forster NSW
Hi Mark,

Thanks, we are happy with the van. The speakers aren't too bad down low, when we picked up the van we noticed a lot of scratches on the sink's timber side panel, the dealer has said they will replace that when we bring it in for service, also the top drawer under the cook top does not latch closed and therefore had opened on the trip home and bounced around a fair bit and is rather loose now, which will be also fixed first service. The external table still was not in and will also need to be fitted at the same time.
The biggest let down so far that we have noticed, (not that we have had a chance to have a night in it yet), we requested two external lights, one LHS of door as per pic above, and the other light was meant to be in the middle of the space on the RHS of door. After checking tonight the RHS light where JAYCO have placed it (half behind the door when it is open) is not worth having, you have a dark spot to the RHS of the light where you would place a table etc, and will still need another light of somekind so you can see what you are doing. NOT IMPRESSED!!!!

Yes the innerspring mattresses did come as a standard, (we thought they had mucked up at first until we saw the 2012 brochure Thursday, as the dealer had quoted us extra for these, so we had decided against them for two reasons, the extra cost and we were told that they were not as comfortable as the normal type because of the positioning of the zipper joins.

The internal lights are not LED, they sre still the standard globe type, I will change these over to LED over the next few months.

Reactions: Brock11

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I think twin outside lights are going to become more common. Because the LED outside lights arnt that bright.

Damien & Mel

Oct 26, 2011
Forster NSW
Well I have to say since handover the van has spent more time at the dealers than with us, we have had it with us for 14 days and the dealer has had it for 31 days and still have not got everything fixed/ installed :mmph:

We have not been impresed by the Jayco Experience at all, starting to wish we had gone for another make, either Windsor or Coromal.

Would be happy to list all the problems but it makes me more annoyed each time I think of it, probably end up selling it when we finally get it back.

Damien & Mel

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I would be interested in hearing what the faults were. We have put a deposit down on the same van.

Geoff

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Well I have to say since handover the van has spent more time at the dealers than with us, we have had it with us for 14 days and the dealer has had it for 31 days and still have not got everything fixed/ installed :mmph:

We have not been impresed by the Jayco Experience at all, starting to wish we had gone for another make, either Windsor or Coromal.

Would be happy to list all the problems but it makes me more annoyed each time I think of it, probably end up selling it when we finally get it back.

Damien & Mel

It really is heart breaking to read you are having such drama's. I hope you give your van a try once everything is fixed, but can totally understand why you would be 'over it' and want to get rid of it.

Good luck with the challenges ahead:thumb:

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW

Damien & Mel

I'm really sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having. All I can say is that once you get everything worked out I'm sure you will be really happy with the Van. Just need to replace the bad memories with good holiday ones. I'm sure that everyone on the forum is wishing you well. Keep us posted.