Finally Arrived BUT!!!!

Damien & Mel

Oct 26, 2011
Forster NSW
Well we finally got that call from the dealer that our 16.49.4 has arrived, and on time!, except we were only just into the conversation when he was going through all the inclusions that were to be done at the factory and at the dealer its self, and we got the BUT!. :decision: He went on to say that the external drop down table had not being installed at the factory and they would have to do it them selves, and the external speakers have been positioned different to what we had signed off on. GRRRRRRRR

We had specified that the table was to be done at factory so that the decal stickers would still look like they were ment to be there like that.

We have to go up to the dealer on Monday to view the van and go through everything with the dealer, hope there are no other issues.

Have anyone else had similar issues, would be interesting to hear about your experiences both good and bad outcomes.

Thanks

Damien & Mel

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
The dealer should be able to match the graphics no problem.

My Outback was missing Outback decals :wacko: and my dealer got them in for me.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Don't worry, try and make sure they use the aftermarket table that's been around for yonks. We choose that over the Jayco table at the dealers advise as he was not a fan of the factory fitted tables and it does seem sturdier. The dealer fitted the decals no worries. Search the forum and find a photo of bushmans expanda with the weber baby q sitting on the table, that is the type I mean.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Photos of ours, yes part of the decal is missing but i havent chased them up to fix it.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

The black knob is a mod by me.

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Hey guys,

We have the factory table which does look schmick, however the aftermarket one is far more practical. The curved design of the factory one has a large lip on the top of the table which means the surface is like one giant bowl, it catches all the leaves and dirt etc. Btw, Jim what's the knob for?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey guys,

We have the factory table which does look schmick, however the aftermarket one is far more practical. The curved design of the factory one has a large lip on the top of the table which means the surface is like one giant bowl, it catches all the leaves and dirt etc. Btw, Jim what's the knob for?

Its a total bitch to open without the knob, nothing to grip. My only regret is i should have gone for the next size up its so handy. My next mod is to see if i can put a power point behind there.

Damien & Mel try and see if the next size up will fit.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Hey Jim thats the same table mine came from factory with. When I met up with Bushman last year I noticed his was different, I wasn't aware the tables were different from Jayco

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey Jim thats the same table mine came from factory with. When I met up with Bushman last year I noticed his was different, I wasn't aware the tables were different from Jayco

Well mine and Bushmans came from the same place and I thought they were the same but haven't checked. Jayco definetly fit a different table now but I think the change happened for the start of 2011. I remember discussing it at last years caravan show in Sydney and the dealer we went with recommended the older style so it became a dealer fit option. I only wish they had positioned it either more to the right to allow me to fit a second table or discussed a larger one. At Xmas we found the table great to set up the toaster and spreads on and again at dinner.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Hey guys,

Mine is factory fitted its a flat surface, though I know the type you mean I think they were changed just after we got ours.

Our decals actually match up when the table is closed I usually sit the Webber on another table, was bit worried about the heat against the fibreglass.

Attachments

• 12092010228.jpg
    12092010228.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 16102010265.jpg
    16102010265.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 251

Damien & Mel

Oct 26, 2011
Forster NSW
Where abouts did they install the speakers??

Bummer about the table hopefully the dealer can re do the graphics to match.

The dealer said that the speakers have been put down low, we had asked for them to be high, we are going up to the dealers tomorrow (Monday) to have a look and sort out any issues.
Will let you know tomorrow, hopefully will take some pics and work out how to upload them onto this site.

Damien & Mel

Oct 26, 2011
Forster NSW
Hi Jim,

What size is your table?, according to our plan the table on our van should be 680 long, what size is this one?.

Thanks for everyones help and advice

Damien & Mel

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Hi Damien and Mel
I hear your pain with the speakers When we ordered ours, I wanted the speakers up high as you see on the 18ft series, but the dealer told me that it was not possible, something to do with cupboards, so we settled on having them down lower, hopefully they should be fine.

The dealer said that the speakers have been put down low, we had asked for them to be high, we are going up to the dealers tomorrow (Monday) to have a look and sort out any issues.
Will let you know tomorrow, hopefully will take some pics and work out how to upload them onto this site.

Damien & Mel

Oct 26, 2011
Forster NSW
Checked the van out today, overall not bad, the speakers do look ok where they, the door has been moved closer to the front on this van compared to last years model. Only thing we are not happy with is the position of the RHS outside light, it was ment to be in the middle of the section between the door and rear of van. Found a lot of scratches on the panel near the sink, hopefully they can sort that out for us. Looking forward to picking it up on Friday:amen:
The drop table that has been ordered is the one that is curved when shut, the dealer insisted that it was better then the fnear flush one.

Got a few pics of the outside, will post inside ones on Friday.

DSC_4954.JPG

DSC_4955.JPG

DSC_4947.JPG

DSC_4948.JPG

DSC_4949.JPG

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Looks nice!!!!

The door at the front is similar to what we are getting in the discovery and I quite like it as it means your table and chairs are not interfered with by the door opening and closing all the time!

The two vans I have had they have always put the speakers down low there was some reason our dealer gave us but couldn't remember it.

Bet you are excited!!!!

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Hi Damien and Mel
I hear your pain with the speakers When we ordered ours, I wanted the speakers up high as you see on the 18ft series, but the dealer told me that it was not possible, something to do with cupboards, so we settled on having them down lower, hopefully they should be fine.
This was the same reason I was given when I requested my external speakers up high. They need to be installed into a cupboard and there isn't one up high at the rear.

jindiman

Feb 16, 2012
heh bushman, whats your table screwed to , surely not just to the fiber glass side of the van

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
This was the same reason I was given when I requested my external speakers up high. They need to be installed into a cupboard and there isn't one up high at the rear.

Our speakers are up high. They put them in the cupboard. Where you guys have them down low is what I would prefer. Up high you need to turn them up more to here them properly. Down low would be better as this is more the hight you sit.

Van looks good...

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Van looking good guys!

All i can say is yes there is often issues to be sorted, but once sorted they are great vans. Enjoy:whoo: