Feldty's 17.56-2 OB

Feldty

May 31, 2012
Wangaratta, Vic
Hi Everyone,

Just called our dealer and found that our 17.56-2 has arrived and is now getting its pre-delivery at the dealer. The annex walls have been measured and ordered. Should be ready for pick up within 1.5 - 2 weeks.
Getting close now and cant wait. Looking forward to sharing some pics with everyone.

Kev

bully66672

Jun 30, 2011
Melbourne
This is going to be a long wait.
Brings back fond and desperate memories.
Your going to love your van and many great adventures.
The 17 foot vans are huge while your out.

Cheers

Feldty

May 31, 2012
Wangaratta, Vic
Thanks Everyone.

Yes I hate waiting, but at least it seems to be on time and not running late. With a little luck we will have it for next weekend. The weather is starting to get better too, so good times ahead.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Congrats Kev,
I know exactly how you are currently feeling. We had the same deli a back in March.
Before you know it you'll have your van and holidaying in it.

Enjoy the van when you get it.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Feldty,

Knowing it is at the dealers being prepared is soooo exciting.

Our 17.56-2 OB is also ready for collection @ Bendigo. Managed to get down to Geelong and have a quick look at it last week and take a few snaps of our baby in the nursery :smile:

We should collect this Saturday. Kids still don't know - we have been able to keep it a secret from them since ordering in March!

So, the race is on... Who will pick up first?
- Feldty, Relgate or ROnEM?

More importantly - who will be first to be on the road and using it?

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
oh that last week, what a drag, nah just kidding.you'll focus on nothing else but the van and all the things you want to check off on and be sure that it is done and done right too.
what type of annex are you getting and with what options?? cheers.

Feldty

May 31, 2012
Wangaratta, Vic
Hi ROnEM,

That is great news that yours is ready for pick up. We are hoping that ours will be ready by Saturday as well. Saturday is probably the best time for us to pick it up, but waiting for the annex walls to be manufactured, so I am unsure how long that will take. Well done keeping it a secret.

I think we will be off to Swan Hill in the van on the 24th for a shake down trip if all goes to plan. Should be starting to get a little warmer up there by then.

Good luck with it all. If we end up picking ours up on Saturday we may even see you there.

Kev

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Feldty,

Yep - Swan Hill, Deni, Echuca - all nice places for a shake down trip. We will need to get a few weekends in as we have already planned a 3,500km 16 day round trip in September to Byron Bay.

Have you already been buying all the "extras" that you need to fill the van? We have a box of things ready to go in, with a Mod list also building.

Ro

Feldty

May 31, 2012
Wangaratta, Vic
ROnEM,

You got me curious so I just called the dealer. Ours is Pre Delivered and ready to go, but needs the annex walls and they are still at least a week away. Probably the middle of next week, so with a little luck a Thursday next week pick up so we can still make Swan Hill.

Pace,

We have ordered the Prestige, Deluxe add a room annex for ours.

The options we have fitted are as follows.
- Awning c/w annex walls
- Bed Flies both ends
- 100 amp battery
- External TV point
- Wind up antenna
- Control panel (fitted near sink)
- 150 lt Fridge
- Sparrow roof top aircon
- External shower
- Extended Drawbar
- Anderson Plug to Battery c/w 6mm wire
- Picnic Table

Kev

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
hey kev, can i make a suggestion, ring back the dealer and keep your schedule for pick up to this saturday and as for the annex, get them to deliver it to you. i've heard theyve done this in the past to many customers, really you are giving them the better part of $40K,cheers.

Feldty

May 31, 2012
Wangaratta, Vic
Got most things Ro,

We have a pile sitting in my shed that we removed from the Swan when we sold it. Needs a little culling, but generally most of it will simply go straight in.

As far as mods go, I am thinking of a toolbox on the front and some way of incorporating a bike rack for the kids bikes. Still not sold on which way to go for the bikes but I will work it out when we have it in the flesh. LED lights and some wire basket shelving may be the only other thing.

We have planned a couple of trips now.
- First as mentioned above (Swan Hill pending delivery)
- Echuca for 4 nights during the 3rd week of September
- Noosa on the Gold Coast for 2 weeks at the end of October (Brother in laws wedding / holiday all in one)
- Between Christmas and new year at Nagambie Lakes 7 Nights.
- Perhaps a couple of long weekend free camping getaways in between especially once the weather warms up a tad.

If all goes to plan, this van is going to get one heck of a work out.

Kev

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
Hi Pace,

I believe they need to fit the annex do they not? Could they do this without the actual walls?

Kev,

Nah mate.all they would do is rivet on the wall rails to the body measure and drill the holes in the awning roller for the two required stays so the awning material won't sag down from rain, then just wait for it to be made as your van sits in the yard.
did they not inform of options for the annex/awning?