Starcraft Expandas gone long live the Starcraft, and we finally got one!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Looking at this photo I'd be confident the outside entertainment hatch wouldn't fit a 17'. I've got enough options and Iam not really that fussed on having another tv point, I just wouldn't use it, even though it's very neat.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: skippy

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
I like the new Starcraft how they have done away with the aluminum on the front.
My parents have rock dings all over the front of theirs from aluminum slates. I would say thats why Jayco have done away with the aluminum slates on the front of the vans.
Fiberglass on the front is a far stronger opion for strength @achjimmy Nice looking van too.

franko

Jun 1, 2014
Sydney, Northern Beaches
Hi, I ordered the entertainment unit on the same model and they came back to me to advise that the depth of it goes into the cabinet just inside the door so you lose a bit of space in there, so I am just getting an external socket plug with the 240v and 12v as well as the fold down picnic table.

Reactions: achjimmy

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Well i have just sold my expanda too @achjimmy and am on the hunt for a new van. I will be following your path possibly so will follow this thread with interest.

I like your options, they have got me thinking ................
Thinking during the week.
Buying on the weekend....!
We are staying tuned.

Reactions: Moto Moto

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hi, I ordered the entertainment unit on the same model and they came back to me to advise that the depth of it goes into the cabinet just inside the door so you lose a bit of space in there, so I am just getting an external socket plug with the 240v and 12v as well as the fold down picnic table.

Hi franko missed this. So you saying they will do it ? But it'd be behind the door? Anyway if you had the room it'd be worth considering. But as this is our third van we are pretty comfortable with what we use and don't. Tbh I was very close to not bothering with the antenna as well think we used it three times in as many years! The outside shower was never used so it got the chop as an option this time, bet I miss it now lol.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah I realize many use the outside showers, so for them it'd be a good choice.

franko

Jun 1, 2014
Sydney, Northern Beaches
Hi franko missed this. So you saying they will do it ? But it'd be behind the door? Anyway if you had the room it'd be worth considering. But as this is our third van we are pretty comfortable with what we use and don't. Tbh I was very close to not bothering with the antenna as well think we used it three times in as many years! The outside shower was never used so it got the chop as an option this time, bet I miss it now lol.
They told me could be put in. But I hadn't told the wife and she would not be happy about the loss of cupboard space, so I didn't worry about it.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Cleaning up the shed, just thought I d measure how much length it is going to take up. 500mm of the back wall and my sphincter started to retract as I got near the door. They are 7615 long with extended drawbar (presuming with rear spare? ) basically gives me 5-600mm each end.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Cleaning up the shed, just thought I d measure how much length it is going to take up. 500mm of the back wall and my sphincter started to retract as I got near the door. They are 7615 long with extended drawbar (presuming with rear spare? ) basically gives me 5-600mm each end.
Made for it! Should be good fit. Not that it's gunna be in there much, on the back of the 200 instead.:)

Reactions: dagree