Expanda 'Parents' bed size

Pac1977

Feb 19, 2012
Hi All,

My first post, love the forum and have gained some valuable info.
This morning we came home from our Easter holidays and had to pack the Jayco Swan up in a howling gale and rain bucketing down, not much fun. On the drive home the wife and I discussed upgrading to an Expanda. My concern is that I am about 200cm tall and I'm not sure that I will fit in the bed. Would love to here from anyone who is around that height and manages to fit in the bed's.

The nearest Jayco dealer is a 2hr drive away so I can't just drop in and check one out.

Thanks in advance.

PAC

Roh

Oct 26, 2010
Mornington Peninsula VIC
Pac1977
I'm not quite the 2m mark, Im about 195cm. If you sleep on the side closest the couch you will get the most legroom. I sleep there quite comfortably although not much room at either end once your stretched out. I sleep with my knees up a bit too.
Hope it helps
Rohan

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Hi PAC

The length of our mattress is 180cm and the space/width of opening is about 195cm.
Hope that helps you.

Cheers

Bill

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Pac.

My son is 6ft 5 {195} and he can lay down on the bed as long as it is at the van end and not the window end. Our van {14.4.2} also has a bit of room beyond the head of the bed at this side [as well as the feet area}, making the length at this side well over 2.0m. If you pack it with some sort of cusion equal height to the mattress you`ll be fine. I`m not sure if its the same with all models, but possible with mine. I imagine they`re all the same. All up you could sleep there but your head may not be level with your wifes.

I`ll take a pic if you like.

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
My hubby is over 6 ft tall and we have put some extra foam at the top and bottom of the bed to make it long enough for him.
Our van is also up for sale, check out the for sale section of the forum ;)

shane

Jun 19, 2011
perth w.a
hi i am 6foot 4 and i find if ypu sleep near the window is the best, but the wire cable is in the way so i am going to set the bed up like on the jayco swan with the two polls, as fine there is heaps of room in side hope this help

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Pac.

I just measured my bed in our Expanda {14.44.2}

As you know, the innerspring mattress has a seam about one quarter of the across itself. Where the small part of the mattress sits, there is room at both head and foot of this part of the mattress. Taller people could easily place additional padding at either end. This part of the mattress is around 50cm wide, and if padded at both ends measures 225cm in length. The remaining area of bedding measures 195cm long and is around 1100mm wide.

So it is possible for someone 200cm tall to be able to sleep on the van side of the queen size bed without having to curl up their legs.

Hope this helps.

Pac1977

Feb 19, 2012
Thanks again everyone. Looks like it might be a worth looking at. Now just have to get down to Melb to check out one for myself.