Expanda Mods

Kenty

Apr 9, 2013
Wanneroo WA
Nah TV is only a last resort for crappy weather, If we're away in footy season and want to watch the Game there is usually someone else with us that can plug a telly in outside
Ps or if the Daughter really has to watch Home & Away then she is better off inside with the door shut so I don't have to listen to it:becky:

Massive footy fan and we spend all our time outside (geez that's why we get away) so there has to be an answer - I will find it!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Ps or if the Daughter really has to watch Home & Away then she is better off inside with the door shut so I don't have to listen to it:becky:
Don't get me started on Home and Away.... Just glad that it's not on Friday night otherwise the first thing to be setup when we get to Toodyay would be TV and aerial... Otherwise SWMBO'd wouldn't be a happy camper :baby:

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Kenty, I had the same idea with the hdmi, got a waterproof base and cover from Turks. Added speaker outlet and iPod input
image.jpg image.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now it works, I like that stuff. If there was anything decent on the tele I could see another mod happening but maybe setting the laptop up to a big screen outside. Using tablet before and it can be a pain on links but all good on the desk top.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Yeah speakers are an overkill, but create a concert at the annual Bathurst 1000 campgrounds

So do you take the 'van to the Mountain? Do you have a powered site? We're going this year, just a campground in the paddock and was wondering if it's worth taking the Expanda (or even if we can).

Kenty

Apr 9, 2013
Wanneroo WA
Yeah speakers are an overkill, but create a concert at the annual Bathurst 1000 campgrounds

Here's a link to the cover, not where I got it from but same cover. Fits standard gpo.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Slim-Dou..._Materials&hash=item1c34a55295#ht_1247wt_1001

I got custom plates made from these guys, quick turnaround, good service

http://www.alectro.com.au/custom-wall-plate-a_page.html

Thanks heaps - just had a look and yep that's the go.
So the cover will fit wall plate from Alecto? Looks a bit different tho or is it just your photo. Did you have to cut much of a hole? Pretty easy?

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Smergen, yes take the expanda, down the bottom camping, (spent 10yrs up the top in the good old day) but with the young bloke the bottom I better. Infield has power but oversubscribed, try every year with no luck.

Kenty, the hole I needed was bigger because of the multi plate, should fit any standard gpo plate. My hole goes into the wardrobe so no issues

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Smergen, yes take the expanda, down the bottom camping, (spent 10yrs up the top in the good old day) but with the young bloke the bottom I better. Infield has power but oversubscribed, try every year with no luck.

Kenty, the hole I needed was bigger because of the multi plate, should fit any standard gpo plate. My hole goes into the wardrobe so no issues

Thanks @Cootay , current consensus is that we might just take the 4room tent for the first time at the mountain as we're a little concerned that the big van will be squishy on the 8x7 site. Also difficult to manoeuvre onto the site... Allows us to take the trailer and more wood I suppose!

Reactions: Cootay

Kenty

Apr 9, 2013
Wanneroo WA
Ok almost done thanks to help from you guys!
Sat set top box in overhead cupboard and ran a hdmi cable from inside to outside. Purchased a hdmi splitter that automatically selects the device that is one. Also put a DVD in the cupboard which has a external hard drive.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: Cootay