Easter getaway

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Yeah, yeah , you know the rules ... where's the pics ???????
mildura2.jpg
mildura.jpg
mildura.jpg

Cabarlah, QLD, windy, cloudy with big dark storm clouds on the horizon..................... still have 7 days and 13 hours before I can hit the road again, if the road to Thargomindah isn't opened by then, Bourke, Hillston, Nhill, Cobram , Temora are on the cards......... unless I catch fish at Bourke then I may not get any further..

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I didn't need to see that at all, what is this pay back time... :p :p :p :p :p .......

Sitting in Big Mal surround by clouds and rain, have been for many days, thank goodness I'm on concrete or we would be knee deep in red mud.................... Boots will be glad to hear I have actually fired up the 240 charger so its just trickle feeding the batteries, was going to see how the set up fared with extra panels but couldn't see any use to drag batteries down needlessly when I know if I was camping and it was like this I would pack up and go elsewhere or genny fires up on day 2............ 96 hrs to go............roads are go......

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Well im back for our easter adventure
Started at Eldee i came 6th dam it should have been 4th or 5th but stuffed up a few events like the swag roll and the stump up both took to long but won the paddy mellon challenge again thats 2 years in a row we have came 1st in that event driveing around a short windy corse putting paddy mellons on pvc pipes then takeing them off and chucking them in a rock circle fastest time wins all in soft river bed sand.....
Left Eldee tuesday from broken hill drove to yunta then onto the dirt stayed at runins at Waukaringa then onto near Hawker and onto Willow Springs station 3 nights great spot our site could of fitted 20 vans drove the sky treck great drive around the east of the flinders near 70 ks or so some very challenging bits and up a 770 meter hill and then down it bugger me 50 bucks to do the drive id pay 100 its was that good 6 hr drive ....
Then onto Rawnsley park station 2 nights also did a great 4x4 track there just south of the flinders also a great drive 3 hrs also did a helicopter filght over the range which was half hr long great camp spot great views ....
Then went to Morna mora 2 nights and pluged in to power as the family we where traveling with needed power for his running out of charge camper trailor so we just got a powered site too great working real cattel and sheep station good sites great views of the west side of flinders also did there 4x4 track of the hills and ridges on the west side of flinders great track long drive 4 hrs one steep hill short but very loose gravely rocks my AT tyres wernt up to the task against my mates huge 35s chunky tyres i made it not quite half way up had to slide and reverse down bit scary i can tell you and go round a safer track for the cars that carnt make it or arnt up to it i gave it a go ....prado would have done it its the only time i could see with out the proper stuff like chunky tyres you can fall short .....
Also drove many tracks north of the range and seeing all the gourges ....
Prado did very well glad i didnt take cruiser would have got punchers for sure only road tyres on it but i did miss it last horah for the prado it did out perform again never lets me down pics later just got home today great trip 5 stars
Camped at coome sand bar near wentworth and skinners flat reservoir on way home

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Well im back for our easter adventure
Started at Eldee i came 6th dam it should have been 4th or 5th but stuffed up a few events like the swag roll and the stump up both took to long but won the paddy mellon challenge again thats 2 years in a row we have came 1st in that event driveing around a short windy corse putting paddy mellons on pvc pipes then takeing them off and chucking them in a rock circle fastest time wins all in soft river bed sand.....
Left Eldee tuesday from broken hill drove to yunta then onto the dirt stayed at runins at Waukaringa then onto near Hawker and onto Willow Springs station 3 nights great spot our site could of fitted 20 vans drove the sky treck great drive around the east of the flinders near 70 ks or so some very challenging bits and up a 770 meter hill and then down it bugger me 50 bucks to do the drive id pay 100 its was that good 6 hr drive ....
Then onto Rawnsley park station 2 nights also did a great 4x4 track there just south of the flinders also a great drive 3 hrs also did a helicopter filght over the range which was half hr long great camp spot great views ....
Then went to Morna mora 2 nights and pluged in to power as the family we where traveling with needed power for his running out of charge camper trailor so we just got a powered site too great working real cattel and sheep station good sites great views of the west side of flinders also did there 4x4 track of the hills and ridges on the west side of flinders great track long drive 4 hrs one steep hill short but very loose gravely rocks my AT tyres wernt up to the task against my mates huge 35s chunky tyres i made it not quite half way up had to slide and reverse down bit scary i can tell you and go round a safer track for the cars that carnt make it or arnt up to it i gave it a go ....prado would have done it its the only time i could see with out the proper stuff like chunky tyres you can fall short .....
Also drove many tracks north of the range and seeing all the gourges ....
Prado did very well glad i didnt take cruiser would have got punchers for sure only road tyres on it but i did miss it last horah for the prado it did out perform again never lets me down pics later just got home today great trip 5 stars
Camped at coome sand bar near wentworth and skinners flat reservoir on way home
All that awesome camping @Bluey, welcome to the dark side :clap2:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Great to see you had a great run fella, I'm always a bit worried to tackle FWD tracks for fun while away in the boonies, had to tow a few out back in the day and I never want the same for me............ Does this mean we have to wait another year for the Cruiser to show itself in top form ????? or is it just a Toorak Tractor ??? :p :p :p :p :p

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Great to see you had a great run fella, I'm always a bit worried to tackle FWD tracks for fun while away in the boonies, had to tow a few out back in the day and I never want the same for me............ Does this mean we have to wait another year for the Cruiser to show itself in top form ????? or is it just a Toorak Tractor ??? :p :p :p :p :p
Well hopefully with a new second hand bigger van the prado will be out classed when it comes to towing i could allways truck the prado up there to broken hill

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Apart from regó inspections our van hasn’t moved since Easter 2 years ago. We were meant to go away last Christmas but Covid buggered that up. Meant to go away October long weekend. Guess what Covid. Jume long weekend something came up. Australia Day weekend something came up and on and on it goes. We are going to Birdsville in June so looking forward to that.

well after getting the van serviced last week we were suppose to be leaving 6.00am tomorrow for Birdsville. Unfortunately we now have a funeral to attend on Friday. Cover goes back on the van.