Drovers new Rig - "Big Mal"

Drover

Well-Known Member
Nov 7, 2013
13,292
20,101
113
QLD
The original Dometic B3000 that was in Big Mal would shake the windows out when it did a cycle change, worse when on heat, was like living next to a railway freight line .... thought we were in heaven when the hail took it out and the Ibis was fitted, now it seems like a rattler ..................

Next project is the new panel when it gets here .... was thinking when the old 200w one eventually croaks I may leave it up there as extra shade, like a bit of a tropical roof effect ................................
 

Hitting the road

Well-Known Member
Jan 14, 2022
328
428
63
Brisbane
Posting at 2.08am?
Kings are opening a store in Hervey Bay soon, the construction phase is just about finished...could even be open by Christmas....8-)

The Truma air conditioner fitted to my van is loud...very loud. But it works ok when really needed...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Well-Known Member
Nov 7, 2013
13,292
20,101
113
QLD
A Hervey bay store, now thats good news as the postage unless you strike it lucky is pretty heavy ...................... I scored a good 24hr deal earlier in year, rwally good price but couldn't figure out how to collect it, freight was enormous then I remembered they had opened a Superstore in Toowoomba and it was on the way home .................. lucky I didn't have any room left in Ranger or I would have spent heaps.....

Next to a coffee stand I hope, we still haven't had our coffee meet, well we did but picked the one of the few Bunnings without a coffee shop ................... :D
PS: Check this out.......................

Opening 13th November .


Old people wake up at stupid times it seems, drives me nuts ..........................
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Hitting the road

Drover

Well-Known Member
Nov 7, 2013
13,292
20,101
113
QLD
New panel arrived today Friday, ordered Tuesday and left Sydney on Wednesday, unheard of delivery for around here, this time it came by Allied Express ......... Never expected it till next week so was going to make the brackets over the weekend ......... On a roll this week .... fingers crossed for next week.........
 
  • Like
Reactions: DRW

Drover

Well-Known Member
Nov 7, 2013
13,292
20,101
113
QLD
Well so much for the run of good luck this week, the panel was DoA, bummer, before stuffing around with everything I put it on the meter, didn't look right so connected it all up via the portable anderson connection on van, so with a VoC of 21.85 its showing 24v and when connected to the controller its also showing 24v, it shouldn't be so me thinks its stuffed, no charging current either as I think the controller has locked it out ...
Tested on the Utes set up and the same so its stuffed ....

Now we go on the send me another one trial, main reason I hate mail order and much prefer to buy direct from shop but in this case the shop is a couple of hundred kms away ............ (insert appropriate adjectives, lots of them )
 

Drover

Well-Known Member
Nov 7, 2013
13,292
20,101
113
QLD
A couple of emails yesterday ,Kings gave me 3 options return by Post they'll send a return voucher, have a Courier pick up from me or do a swap from a Superstore, the first 2 would take a week or so to be resolved with a new one and then taking your chance someone doesn't drop the thing again, so a 260km return run to nearest store on sunny coast is the best option ... Barcode all printed out ready for pick up later today .............. Fuel in Gympville at $2.69 and I don't care, Ranger needs a nice run to clear the soot....
So much for the savings on freight but proved my thoughts on getting panels in the mail. Kings was very quick and easy to deal with, no stress....here's the pic I sent them of the damaged corner.....

IMG_20261009_151252.jpg