Drovers new Rig - "Big Mal"

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I like to secure the cap from that funny bastard who puts dirt in, you dont notice until your filter clogs up, has happened to me, not happy one bit.... Wanted to hunt more than Wabbits that day....I would like the Jayco ones....

Reactions: Crusty181

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I like to secure the cap from that funny bastard who puts dirt in, you dont notice until your filter clogs up, has happened to me, not happy one bit.... Wanted to hunt more than Wabbits that day....I would like the Jayco ones....

At least it only??clogs up your filters! Bad enough I suppose. But a hand full, or cup of sugar is disastrous if you really don't like somebody!!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Actually sugar is a myth and doesnt do anything other than clog the filter and needs a good bag full, dirt is worse....... Sump oil is really bad water is still the big killer.
Thought it myself but Mythbusters proved it doesnt work.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Latest mod fitted and running, an Epever Xtra 4210n MPPT controller....... I was going to run the batteries down but couldnt be bothered see how it goes next trip may still add extra panel on roof later...I can add heaps to this unit.

20200822_101728.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
and here I was trying to bring a bit of warmth and friendship into your lives....................... I didn't mention the shorts, T shirts and need for sunscreen, I thought that would be cruel.......:bounce::couch2:

Reactions: Boots in Action

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The door for the Genny has arrived, let the fun begin ............. Coast Door#3........I have stainless steel checka plate not alloy on the sides, I hope it doesn't give me drama to cut it................

.20200904_103838.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Day One..............
Stage 1...........20200904_140604_Burst01.jpg.........Hole..(mild swearing)

Stage 2......Hole plugged...( quiet until silastic gun deployed some nautical terms used)..........20200904_163142_Burst01.jpg

....1599202375811-1257808365.jpg..Stage 3.......Beer... aarrgghh nice.

Stage 4 ......... Clean mess inside.

Stage 5 ....... Slide and cupboard fit out.

Rest gets sorted tomorrow.......may need to replace other hatches as they are more a creamy colour now...(fat chance).

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Day 2........................Shoulda went fishing as it was a lovely day but I spent the day sorting out the slide for the LRPS and fitting it, went well actually and it doesn't look too bad, no dodgy bits showing............. Tomorrow fit velco strap to hold it down, a drop latch to make sure the slide locks and sort the new cupboard out for Genny and ensuite, not something I'm looking forward to doing as my saw isn't the greatest, my wood work skills are in line with farm shed builds, fences, so wood butchering cupboards requires me to dig really deep and since I'm incorporating the parts of the old cupboard into the new its going to be fun.........

Tucked away in the ensuite.................... 20200905_143422.jpg... hole in floor is old drain water line entry, new one ordered for tomorrow.

The slide out works, wonders will never cease..................................20200905_143325.jpg......

So far slides $18, timber $30, hatch $169 and assorted screws and left over paint pots for paint.......

Last edited:

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Day 2........................Shoulda went fishing as it was a lovely day but I spent the day sorting out the slide for the LRPS and fitting it, went well actually and it doesn't look too bad, no dodgy bits showing............. Tomorrow fit velco strap to hold it down, a drop latch to make sure the slide locks and sort the new cupboard out for Genny and ensuite, not something I'm looking forward to doing as my saw isn't the greatest, my wood work skills are in line with farm shed builds, fences, so wood butchering cupboards requires me to dig really deep and since I'm incorporating the parts of the old cupboard into the new its going to be fun.........

Tucked away in the ensuite.................... View attachment 65675... hole in floor is old drain water line entry, new one ordered for tomorrow.

The slide out works, wonders will never cease..................................View attachment 65674......

So far slides $18, timber $30, hatch $169 and assorted screws and left over paint pots for paint.......

Great job @Drover, and looks professional, not "bush carpentry" or "farm shed" standard. Amazing use of unused space to fit genny in toilet area and easy to get at when required. Very smart!!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

Tucked away in the ensuite.................... View attachment 65675... hole in floor is old drain water line entry, new one ordered for tomorrow.

The slide out works, wonders will never cease..................................View attachment 65674......

Great job @Drover. Composite van walls to, nice

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Drover,you would not get a job at Jayco using the silicone gun,too neat and tidy !.geez J must use a tube on every fitting ,worse than a dogs breakfast

Reactions: Drover