Drovers 14.44.3

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Call from RACQ, the repairer is still waiting on prices for parts, BS I said, I've priced the bits on retail catalogues. Anyway they can't assess the van until they get the quote, they will check with him again on the 17th, thats cool I'm going to the beach they have my number. I have a feeling my van will be looking bruised till August at this rate. Still mobile though so what the hell, give me a date and we'll tour around it, just need gaffer tape. lol,lol,lol.

Reactions: Ren77

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Another week and still no word about repairs, starting to get a tiny bit don't be rude. BUT after looking at I think Barneys mods I fitted my table carrier under the bed at the back, couple bits of alloy angle, a strap and some sticky pads, job done, still have room for something else there and forgot to take a pic before I pushed the rig back in it's house so have to wait.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Today is week 4 and still no quote, only repairer in town which gets the 100% guarantee from RACQ but I'm going to see them today, the excuse is waiting for a fibreglass quote, sounds like a BS story to me, might go find someone else and bugger the Insurance guarantee.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Took the Rig to another mob in Toowoomba on Tuesday, fella checked it out, nice attitude, nice workshop and RACQ rang me today (Thurs) repair is authorized so things are happening, find out tomorrow I hope when it goes in to get done, job should only take 2 weeks, I don't mind waiting a few weeks till it can be done....................Far better service than the other useless pr..ks, if they didn't want the job then tell a person, don't just stuff em around, no way would I recommend them to anyone.
This place have a tidy workshop, friendly attitude PLUS we got a box of Lock and Lock containers, and I mean a BIG box, missus is chuffed, didn't need a bribe. They also have a very nice well stocked shop area.

Lockanlock.jpg

Reactions: bigcol and Bmhdg76

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Dropped the rig at the van repairer today, he starts on it next week, great stuff. Should have it back in May, too many long weekends this month, Jeep will be fixed by then also and we can pack up and head off again. Still no word from the original place I went too, mugs.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It's back home, nicely fixed and it only took a fortnight. So after waiting 4 weeks for the RACQ preferred repairer just to do a quote, he didn't want to do it and was useless and I would advise anyone to give them a miss, I took it to RV Service Centre in Toowoomba, quote done in 2 days, 2 week wait for a slot then 2 weeks to do the job and that was over the long weekends. Nice to deal with, keep you informed and they also have a well stocked shop at decent prices.
Raining here and I had to do some FWDing in the backyard with the van on to turn it around and put it in my shed, what a great day, vanning and FWDing and didn't have to leave home...........................

Attachments

• vanfix.jpg
    vanfix.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 493

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Delayed taking it for a shake down cruise, as we have a new Grandson, so have been tinkering.
table.jpg Mounted our table under the bed.

Moved the battery from the wardrobe to under the seat, paneled in behind the drawer and lined the space with plastic. Cables reached which was a surprise, now can access the battery when the roof is down, and room to put other gizmos at a later date.
.batterybox.jpg
Water pump had half a cupboard to itself, wasted space so added a shelf and the bride suggested a wine rack, so 7 bottles can now be stowed. during construction and in situ.
winerack01.jpg
winerackfin.jpg

And one from months ago when I vented my exhaust fan outside instead of into a cupboard. Looking thru the clock position, vents out the small square vent near door.

extfan.jpg

Hopefully roll next Monday, sit on a beach rain or not, fish and think about what else to do.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Poly downwater pipe, some ply, zip ties and the Jayco favourite Silastic, actually I used No More gaps as it sticks like the proverbial. Lined with that non slip stuff for table tops etc. The whole thing is actually held down with a case strap so I can remove it easily.

Reactions: blacky and PandaLee

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Actually thinking I might stick the water pump underneath so if it leaks it will only dump on the ground not fill the cupboard. May need to box it in a bit.
Anyone done it ????? Will add it to the BIG list.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sitting in the rig at Red Rock, wheels didn't fall off so all is good, actually towed better with both tanks full, no reticulated water here so it's BYO, but a bloody great place. Wine rack passed the test with flying colours also, so as you head off to work I will be strolling along the beach doing a spot of fishing.