14' Series Diesel heater quick disconnect for tank???

May 1, 2017
Hobart
So has anyone thought of using a quick disconnect fuel tank system for a diesel heater. I don't want a permanent tank on board and was I'm thinking of using a little 12l boat fuel tank with an integrated quick disconnect. simply plug into the fuel line when needed.

raven prime the system with the hand pump. any thoughts????

anyone done it??.

Graeme Yost

Jul 4, 2016
Tasmania
pmcd quick connects.PNG

Give me a call we have them for all our diesel heaters www.dieselheat.com.au 0418130971

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If your tank is mounted above or same level as heater probably not, where not talking big volumes of fuel and using a boat bulb primer wouldn't hurt, really depends on the effiencency of the little pump, see how it goes and run from there, I quite like the idea so long as the coupling is good, most important I think to ensure the connectors are clean and when uncoupled a very good cover is used as diesel will attract dust like a magnet.......

Reactions: skippy and KECL

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
I wanted to do the exact same setup for mine. Installer looked at me and said he could not see why it would not work but the D2 can be temperamental for fuel lines so wife stepped in and informed him to go with standard install. :(

May 1, 2017
Hobart
install complete will post pics tonight. so far so good works a treat. I need to shorten the line from tank to quick connect as you do need to prime it with two pumps.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Treasurer is near to releasing funds but I will buy a genuine chinese copy, may have to rebuild at some stage but part of the fun, look forward to hopefully copying your instal @Maciej Jankowiak

White Elliephant

Mar 24, 2016
Hobart Tas.
So has anyone thought of using a quick disconnect fuel tank system for a diesel heater. I don't want a permanent tank on board and was I'm thinking of using a little 12l boat fuel tank with an integrated quick disconnect. simply plug into the fuel line when needed.

raven prime the system with the hand pump. any thoughts????

anyone done it??.
Installed my diesel heater about six months ago, I couldnt decide where to mount a permanent tank and so have been running a portable 5 litre tank which I store in my tunnel boot. I purchased a 2kw heater off Gumtree which turned out to be a handy local area supplier (Diesel Heat Tasmania) here in Hobart Tas. My kit was supplied with handy snap together fuel line connector, similar but not the same as found on outboard motor fuel tanks. I'm sure the post anywhere, so contact them if your trying to source a quick connect fitting. When using, I set up on A frame between gas bottles. Tank sits pretty much at same level as heater and I've never had any issues with having to prime fuel lines etc. Heater flat out uses a bit over 100ml per hour, so 5 litres easily lasts me a week.

Reactions: skippy and Drover

Duncanblake36

Nov 17, 2016
Doreen
Hey guys, these heaters sounds awesome. Anyone recommend a make and model. Photos of an install would great too. We do camping over easer off grid and it gets pretty chilli at night. Baby and wife get cold. Just need something to keep the chill off.
Anyway. Any ideas for my next project would be great :)

May 1, 2017
Hobart
do a search for my name and heater. I originally got a knock off heater, and although it seemed Ok out of the box I figured if I'm going to cut great big holes in the floor etc, might swell do it right.

I got mine ex eBay from .uk for half the price u get one here, all inclusive 2 outlet kit. has enough spares to do two installs lol.

got it with free shipping delivered in 3 days.

Duncanblake36

Nov 17, 2016
Doreen
Any good ebay chinese ones that anyone would recommend? There are some for $800 or the real thing for 2k+. Part of me is saying "Its burning diesel and your going to install it in your caravan" and the other side of me goes $1200 saving. Any brand recommendations or sellers?