Diesel Heater Install

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
G day Matt
With heater on do you experience less condensation under canvas roof above beds. Mine has no lids.
thanks
jvp

@jvp Yes, this was the case in the Hawk anyway. We used the bed end fly's also.

We woke up on the river near Sofala one morning last year it was -4C and there was frost everywhere, except for within about a foot of ours and our friends van who also had a diesel heater. Another couple with us didn't have a heater at the time, didn't take long for them to get one.

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
[QUOTE="Glen Bundesen, post: 74099, member: 3399.
...........Then there is the other question about output - Can anyone advise if the 2kw would warm up a 16.49.3?[/QUOTE]

I reckon it would be.

jvp

Apr 9, 2013
Yorke Peninsula Copper coast SA
G day Matt
I have ordered a 2kw Planar & waiting for delivery. I've seen pictures of people cutting the floor where unit mounts & pipes exit with a jigsaw & can look pretty ordinary & hard to get to. One the other hand you used a hole saw & looks professional. What diameter hole saw did you use ? So I can source one (borrow, beg or steal) in time for my fit up.
Many thanks.
jvp

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
G day Matt
I have ordered a 2kw Planar & waiting for delivery. I've seen pictures of people cutting the floor where unit mounts & pipes exit with a jigsaw & can look pretty ordinary & hard to get to. One the other hand you used a hole saw & looks professional. What diameter hole saw did you use ? So I can source one (borrow, beg or steal) in time for my fit up.
Many thanks.
jvp

G'day jvp,
I used 127mm (5") hole saw. You're absolutely correct, it does make the install not only neater, but a hole lot easier! :)

jvp

Apr 9, 2013
G' day Matt mbr37746
I've received my diesel heater, all good. The outlet vent design is disappointing. I've read recently somebody sourced a better vent but I can't trace it. Anybody help ?
Many thanks.
jvp

jvp

Apr 9, 2013
G'day all.
Having trouble knowing how to use the supplied temperature control on my newly installed Planar 2Kw diesel heater. Instructions are very poor. Any help from people who use Planar heaters would be greatly appreciated.
jvp