17' Series Curtains

JOBSWAN

Nov 3, 2012
Mandurah WA
Hi lovely people,
Could you please tell me have you had curtains made for your top bunk of your expanda through Jayco? Also do they go right around top bunk back to the wall?
They are saying they will only make it so it goes straight along the side of bunk, they won't do another single one to return to the wall. Enclosing the whole bunk. ;)

Also just wanted to say a big thank you for all the great info everyone is willing to share.
Feels great to be part of such a great community!
I'll feel like I really belong when we finally get the van...:becky:

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
We ordered curtains for our 16.49-2 several years ago. Whilst they didn't go all the way around they did work and the kids never complained.
The alternative would have been to have them custom made.
The track was cut so that in effect they were 2 L shapes meeting in the middle. Screwed with small self tappers into the ceiling.

image.jpg

Reactions: skippy and JOBSWAN

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
They have just changed on the 17 Starcraft from just Down the side of the bunk to 2 sides aswell can't see why they don't do it on the Expanda.

Reactions: JOBSWAN

JOBSWAN

Nov 3, 2012
Mandurah WA
They have just changed on the 17 Starcraft from just Down the side of the bunk to 2 sides aswell can't see why they don't do it on the Expanda.
I'm finding that Jayco are really hard to deal with what ever you ask for different there answer is NO!
It's my money I happy to pay for it but, everything just seems to hard for them!

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I'm finding that Jayco are really hard to deal with what ever you ask for different there answer is NO!
It's my money I happy to pay for it but, everything just seems to hard for them!

Yes they have been getting this way more and more. They are not into customizing.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I know - their "excuse" was that the factory does not like to make anything different from Standard, in case the stuff it up...........

I wanted a couple of hatches put in different places...... not Std - not going to happen

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay

Yeah it appears that way - given 12+ months ago when they did my curtains they stuffed it up anyway so the local dealer sorted it out.

Curtains aren't hard - screw up track and get someone local to make your curtains - it'll be exactly how u want it and you'll probably save a heap of bucks too.