Curtain Rail to Bunks ?

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Hi All

Was searching this site and found a bit of info where some people had ordered vans with curtain rails to top bunks but couldn't see any pics

- just wondering if it is possible to do after market on a pop top ?? ie. drilling into the roof lining ??

Anyone have any pics of their setup on say a 17.56 or 16.49 ?? - have seen them on the hard top versions..look very cool

Would like to do on on both beds to give some privacy, obviously the lower bed should be straight forward

And, can these be ordered from Jayco dealers ? Matching fabric ?? the list never stops !!

cheers

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I asked for the top bunk on my 17.56.2. The dealer said it was not possible (from the factory at least) because of no space when the roof is put down. I didnt ask about the bottom bunk.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
I asked for the top bunk on my 17.56.2. The dealer said it was not possible (from the factory at least) because of no space when the roof is put down. I didnt ask about the bottom bunk.

My response was similar, saying that the curtain would get pulled off when the roof came down.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW

I've seen a picture on this forum of someone who has done it ..... searching...

Reactions: Ligedy

gavin.davis59

Mar 21, 2011
Naracoorte.SA
I just checked Our 14.44 bunks and instead of a rail it has a track screwed directly to the roof,with the curtain running on a "roller type"setup.This is a standard Jayco fit and may solve Your problem.As for the curtain material I would have thought Jayco would/should be able to supply it.

John Soko

Jan 13, 2014
Maybe this track will help - saw it on eBay.
$(KGrHqRHJFMFJI(Tu7iPBSbk4,ZlLQ~~60_0.jpg
MINI CURTAIN TRACK - Low Profile Bendable 4 Mobile home Caravan Boat Camper Van - 141098003812

Reactions: The Wadamses

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Yeah the factory smactory won’t do it... but a good dealer/service shop can. The team at Jayco Mackay ordered the gear from the factory and fitted it, no dramas at all – on the pop-top .

I had a look at all the moving / folding parts (roof, folding top bunk, future curtains, etc.) and there is plenty of clearance so the dealer and myself measured it up and they fitted it to my specs as I wanted the curtain materials to match the rest of the van and be fitted properly (I'm very specific).

The tracks are screwed into the ceiling and I believe it’s the same track that is in the 18ft’as. There is minimal risk of pulling through given they have used a sufficient amount of screws to hold the track in, but in any case the curtains are held in by plastic ring-type clips then onto the track eyelets which (IMO) will break well before the track pulls out (such as in the event that both my rascals try to hang of a curtain at the same time).

Anyway they’ve now done curtain install at least twice on a 17.56-2 Pop Top given this is my second roof… and the curtains are great - just like on the first roof...

Check out my thread for all the photos. Ligedy's 17.56-2 OB

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Forgot to add:

My response was similar, saying that the curtain would get pulled off when the roof came down.

My concern is more that the curtain to the top bunk will get ripped off when popping up roof if it gets caught on something stored on the top bunk. When putting the roof up or down a quick check makes sure there is no drama. The way I have placed the tracks allows the top bunk to be folded up or laid out flat with out any drams of things getting pinched.

Cheers Ligedy

Reactions: The Wadamses